Thursday, June 27, 2024

COMPUTER CRAP

 O.M.G.     If I don't loose my mind over this summer I never will.   The Man is doing well but driving me nuts as usual.  We can catch up on all his doings in the next couple of months.  For now I am being driven crazy by my computer AND my phone.  DOUBLE WHAMMY !!!

It all started before we got to MI for the summer.  My laptop was giving me problems for a couple of months but I was putting off doing anything until I got up north. Two reasons for that decision:  1.  I didn't feel like spending an entire day in the Apple Store in the mall when I have a great tech guy up here in the UP and, 2.  I just didn't want to deal with anything else before making the long drive to MI. Instead I chose to stuff the computer in my bag in the car and worry about why it wasn't charging properly when I got settled in my Happy Place here on the farm. 

The computer was quite happy to have a small vacation while we traveled but once we arrived here and I plugged it back in it started up with its "ISSUES".   It seems that for whatever reason the stupid thing was determined to set fire to my lap.  Sometimes it charged, sometimes it didn't but either way the laptop would heat up so much that I was getting a first degree burn any time I sat with it on my lap.   It got so bad I thought it was going to set fire to the house some night if I left it plugged in.  

Time to call Jessie the Computer Guy.

I found this guy 2 years ago and he is great. He now has quite a little business going for himself and has even gone in with a another guy who sells internet services.  They have a small store in Escanaba and seem to be doing quite well.  Jessy was glad to hear from me and said he would be happy to take a look at this burning Mac Book.  I dropped the computer off and went home to await his call.   A week later I got the news I was expecting . . .   The Beast was DEAD !!!!  I had killed my computer and it was not able to be repaired.  There was something about a "mother board" and soldering "components" to the mother board so you can't replace parts.   Well done Apple !!!!!!  It is a plot to make us have to buy new gadgets every so many years.   I'll tell you about my phone debacle in the next blog.

Jessie found me a great deal on a used 2023 laptop that had only been powered up 12 times.   It sounded to good to be true but HEY, the computer guy knows what he's doing.  Right?    The price was right so a week later I picked up my "new" laptop.    We plugged it in at the shop. Got it all set up and ready to roll and home I went all stupid and happy.  

Funny thing is this new computer, which I am using right now, works great when it is plugged in. Pull out the plug and the laptop dies.   It will NOT HOLD A CHARGE !!!   Maybe that's why it was only turned on 12 times ?????????????

Today I took the stupid thing back to Jessie and he confirmed I was not crazy,  the computer will not hold a charge.   Sort of defeats the purpose of having a laptop so you can work anywhere. 

AS LONG AS IT'S PLUGGED IN !

We decided I would take it home and use it until Jessie is able to get in touch with the seller and we can hopefully get a satisfactory solution to all this.  Until then I just have to sit near an electric outlet so there will not be any blogging from out side under the Maple tree.

I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about my phone adventure.  That's a good story !

No comments:

Post a Comment