Thursday, August 15, 2024

CAPPUCCINO CHAOS

 I am tired today.  I have been getting lazier and lazier by the day. I am blaming it on the weather.  One day it's 80 degrees and the next day it is 63.  I get up in the morning and have no idea what to wear because no one knows what the weather will decide to do each day.  Forget the local news station. The weather guy has charts and graphs and all sorts of illustrations. He talks a million miles an hour so that by the end of the weather report we are even more confused than before.  It makes for interesting times.  Luckily we have very little to do that requires us to be dependent on the weather.  If it's raining hard we just stay home. If it's too hot we stay home. If it's too cold we stay home.  We stay home A LOT !!!

But today was a pulmonary therapy day for The Man. I have to set my alarm on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that we can leave the house by 9:30 AM to drive 40 minutes for an 11:00 AM appointment. (Do the math) I get up at 8:15, The Man's alarm goes off at 7:00.  We drive the 40 miles to the PT class but since we are ALWAYS 45 minutes early we stop at the beach to check out the lake and The Man stops to pee somewhere along the way.  Hurry, Hurry Hurry and Wait.  Whatever !!!  It's only twice a week so most days I can talk. myself into getting up and going out.

This morning was an exception.  I spent a good part of last night doing battle with my C Pap mask.  I HATE the damn thing. It drives me NUTS !!!  Every time I move the mask shifts and the air starts to leak. That causes the machine to blow even harder so I wake up being slapped in the face with twenty mile and hour winds.  Of course it is dark in the bedroom so I can't see what the hell I am doing so I just rip off the mask. Get out of bed, walk into the bathroom and turn on the light so I can figure out where the problem is.  By then I'm half awake so it takes me a half hour to get back to sleep.  Only to have the mask do the same thing about an hour later.  As a result of this ongoing battle I was TIRED when my alarm went off at 8:15.  I never hit the snooze button but today was an exception.  That snooze button is a cruel joke.  You think, "Ahhhhh, I've got ten more minutes to sleep" when in reality it takes you 5 minutes to fall back to sleep because you keep thinking about that alarm going off again.  As a result that 5 minutes of sleep is just a tease and you feel worse when the damn thing goes off again.  

This morning, as a result of all this, I turned into the creature from the Dark Lagoon.  Washing my face didn't help. Eating some breakfast didn't help, sitting in the car for an hour didn't help. In fact the car ride this morning made me just want to tip the seat back and take a long snooze.  But that doesn't happen because The Man is chatting away about what ever is aggravating him today or he has the radio turned on to the country music station and is singing along.  Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa .   

By the time we got to PT I was ready to park the car and crawl into the back seat for a little nap.  But then I got thinking that I really should go to the beach and walk, except it really wasn't that great a day for beach walking.  Second choice is to go to Jacks Grocery store just down the road and walk around the store.  There is always something I need to pick up so the time won't be wasted.   Next to the bakery at Jacks I love their French Vanilla Cappuccino. I had been treating myself to one every time I went to Jacks but for the past month I just wasn't in the mood.   TODAY I NEEDED a Cappuccino !!!  That will wake me up for sure !   I bought a large cappuccino and was feeling pretty good walking around the store taking small sips as I  picked up a few items. When I checked the time I realized I hand better get back to PT to pick up The Man.  The store was unusually crowded today so I went to the cigarette counter check out.  I only had 6 items which they were happy to ring up for me.  I had gotten one of the small shopping carts so as I went to move my cappuccino out of the cart for the packing boy to put in my groceries I picked up the foam cup and the cap came off in my hand and the LARGE, almost full cup of hot, sweet, sticky Cappuccino started to fall. I naturally tried to catch it which resulted in me being covered in hot, sweet, sticky liquid as it fell to the floor and spread across the aisle. My purse was soaked, my shirt and pants were soaked, my phone was dripping and my credit card that was in my hand would no longer work in the machine because it too was covered in hot, wet, sweet, sticky cappuccino !!!    A good time was had by all who witnessed my acrobatic act. I got a standing ovation and won a gold medal.   There was nothing I could do but apologize over and over as the cashier handed me a roll of paper towels.  The packing boy was super sweet and kept telling me not to worry as he was on his hands and knees wiping up the floor.  I refused to make eye contact with any of the people on line in back of me.  I paid for my stuff, grabbed it all and headed for the ladies room to take a bath in the sink. After that I went back to the deli and ordered myself another cappuccino. It was delicious and worth every penny. And it woke me up for sure!

Once I got home I had to really wash up and change. My sneakers are still squishy and stick to the floor as I walk.  But I do smell good . . .   if you like cappuccino.  

No comments:

Post a Comment