Wednesday, July 17, 2024

GROSE YUCK FREAKOUT

 My life is not dull.  Even when we have a day like today where the weather is CRAZY things are not dull. 

When I woke up this morning it was a BEAUTIFUL day. Sun was shining, breeze was blowing and it wasn't humid.   I crawled out of bed with all sorts of wonderful plans in my head.  I could go out and weed whack my "garden" or I could take the side by side out and drive around the property looking for turkey feather. (I am collecting the feathers with plans on making a wreath.  The feathers are all sizes and colors.). I might just go out and sit under the maple tree and read for the day.  My day was an open book. I got up and made breakfast for me and The Man and as we sat there enjoying a leisurely brunch, (because by now it was almost 11:30),  we watched the clouds starting to roll in.  I told The Man I was going to walk out to the mailbox and get yesterday's mail. Just as I was opening the back door it started to rain.  Back into the house where I found many things to occupy my time until the sun came out.  Once again I headed for the door. I actually got as far as the garage when I felt some rain drops which quickly escalated into a downpour. I ducked into the garage and watched the rain for about 5 minutes until it stopped.  The sky was still dark so I just went back into the house and got my book to go sit in the parlor for a while.  After about an hour the sun came out so I put down the book and headed out to the mailbox. I actually made it all the way there but as I was walking back to the house it started to rain AGAIN !    I came back into the house, changed out of my jeans and flannel shirt, (yes, it was THAT chilly), and into my sloppy sweat pants and shirt.  I was NOT going out again.  The Man was lying on the bed resting so I grabbed my book and joined him for about an hours worth of reading.  

By this time it was nearly dinner time for me and the critters.  Since the sun WAS out and I couldn't see any big dark clouds I took a chance to go out and walk around the yard collecting today's helping of feathers.  I have to say that our 6 turkeys have got to be going bald with all the feathers I pick up each day.  From there I got some corn for the deer and some sunflower seeds for the turkeys and sprinkled it all around in front of the barn.  If I don't get the sunflower seeds out by around 5:00 the turkeys show up and walk up and down the yard waiting.  As soon as I open the door they run for the field but then come back later.   There is nothing funnier than a turkey running.   

OK . . .Now it's time for dinner for the humans.  I had planed on making chicken parmesan but because it was so cold and nasty I decided to make soup and save the chicken for another day.  Because we had tacos for dinner last night I had a lot of seasoned chop meat leftover. What do you do with leftover taco meat?  You make taco soup of course.  Got out the crock pot, threw in some tomato sauce, beef bouillon, some kidney beans and corn and the left over meat.  When I told The Man what we were having he really didn't sound interested but once he ate some he and I both decided it was great.   And it was perfect for a chilly day.

So where. does the title of this blog come from ?   Gross . . .  Yuck . . .  Freakout   ????????

I must warn you that if you have a weak constitution or are easily grossed out you better stop reading now.

Dinner was ready and The Man and I sat down to eat.   He had a bottle of water to drink and I had a big cup of ice water with crystal lite in it.  I have a big plastic cup with a cover on it and a straw. I had washed out my cup and straw yesterday so they were still sitting in the dish drainer in the sink.  I grabbed my cup, put some ice into it and poured in some store bought water from the fridge. I added the flavoring, put in the straw and snapped shut the cover and sat down at the table.  As I was waiting for The Ma I took a big sip of my water only to feel something weird in my mouth.  ????     I couldn't figure out what it could be so I spit it out in my hand.    I was an Earwig BUG . . . alive and squirming.    As I screamed and threw it across the room The Man was staring at me like I had lost my mind.  I jumped up and stepped on the nasty little creature before it could escape. Apparently it had crawled out of somewhere and found a nice dark place INSIDE my straw.    EWWWWWWWWWWWW !

The last thing I wanted to do was to have to explain to The Man what had just happened. All I wanted to do was FORGET it ever happened.  But of course by now The Man is asking "what happened,"   "what's wrong?"  "what are you doing?".   He thought the whole thing was very amusing,  I thought I was going to throw up!  It took me a few minutes to get it out of my head.  I threw my drink out !!! 

DISGUSTING !!!!!    I will always check my cup and straw before using it again.  Or maybe I'll just get a new cup and straw.  


No comments:

Post a Comment