Monday, October 8, 2012

NOT AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS

HI,  remember me ?   I am the blogger who never finds time to blog.  Don't ask . . .   Since H has started going to bed at 9:00 at night I have lost my evenings with the computer. I could resort to going back into the garage where all this started OH so many years ago but the thought of fighting my little PC when this beauty of a MAC is just sitting in the bedroom sleeping along with H just does not make me want to blog. Even though my brain is spilling over with all sorts of silly things I have been spoiled by this computer and just can't bring myself to hack away on the old PC.

Be this as it may, you may wonder why I don't blog during the day or (Silly you) in THE MORNING. I"m sure you know the answer to the latter . . .  I DON'T DO MORNINGS . . .  and as for finding time during the day, well, that just doesn't happen either.

Kyle is here this week !!!!!  It is a blessing! We sure did something right when we raised our kids and now we are seeing the proof.  Kyle arrived Saturday evening and drove down to the church where we were at mass. When we came out of mass there he was, a sight for sore eyes.  He had hoped to get to mass with us but the traffic coming up from Miami, where he landed at 2, was pretty heavy so he didn't make it to the church until mass was almost over. It was so good to see him there and know I wasn't alone for the week. Not that there is a lot to do but having my son here is comforting.

We spent the weekend cooking and cleaning up and playing with Smith on Sunday. Kent and Kristen came up to "distract" grandpa but I got lots of play time in with Smith while the "kids" took charge of cleaning up and cooking.  Grandpa pretty much sat in front of the TV. If it wasn't for his bald head and "ashy" color you wouldn't know there was anything different.

Today I was going to take Ger to radiation and then to the oncologist for a shot. BUT WAIT, Kyle is here to help . . .  Yesterday Kyle and I left Ger with the plan that Kyle would come with us. (Baby steps for H, the routine is changing and H does NOT do well with change.)  This morning I got up and dressed, (so H would know I wasn't planning on spending the day in bed). I then sat down with H and suggested Kyle take him to the doctors today. I swear he stopped breathing ! I slowly explained how nothing would change other than the person driving and when he stopped hyperventilating he started tossing out the "WHAT IFS ". What if the doctor has a question? What if there is a change in dates? What if . . . . .. . . . .. . .."  I told him that our 39 year old son who is brighter than H and I combined probably could handle any thing that came up.

And so, here I am. ALONE in the house, blogging and checking e-mails. Sitting in the bed room listening to my favorite little mocking bird who is outside singing his little heart out. Music to my ears!

All my friends are giving me the same advice.  It is the advice I have given to them many times. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF ! "When  Kyle is there do something for yourself."  And So I am, even thought it really isn't as easy as it sounds.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cath! I am here, via Kristen. Blog friends. I just wanted to say I am praying for you and your family. Stay strong and keep the faith.

    Many blessings,
    meli

    ReplyDelete