Thursday, May 16, 2024

JUST RAMBLING

Can you tell things are settling down up here ?  I haven't written in a couple of days , not because I have nothing to write about, but because I am relaxing and reading and traveling all over the UP with The Man. Believe me when I tell you it is not an exciting type of travel.  There is no sight seeing or staying in 5 Star hotels.  It is just get in the car, drive for an hour or two through the country side and visit a doctor.  Monday we were 2 hours away in Green Bay.  I hear it is a nice little town . . .  I wouldn't know.  All I see is Exit 241 to the doctor's office.  Then back on the "highway" that soon turns into a two lane road until we get back to Escanaba. I will ask about interesting things that we pass as we travel along and I am told "We will go there some day".  I know it's never going to happen but I ask anyway.

Tuesday we were in Gladstone, Wednesday we were an hour away in Marinitte, WI to see the lung doctor. Then back into the car with a stop at Culvers for ice cream, (so it''s not a total loss of a day), and drive back home.  

Today is a rainy day. Those past 3 days that we were driving all over the place the sun was out and the breeze was warm.  And we were in the car most of the time.  Today when we are at home with "nothing" to do it is COLD, windy and rainy.  The perfect day for a nap, which is exactly what you know who is doing.  I slept in this morning and when I got up and saw what a crappy day it was I knew I had to bake. 

I brought blueberries with me from Florida . They survived the trip and were fine for a couple of days but then the day I decided I wanted to make some blueberry muffins for breakfast the berries had a lovely case of mold.  The birds enjoyed them.  When I went to the grocery store, (ELMERS) I bought more blueberries so I was ready to bake today.  I gathered the recipe and the ingredients, The Man went outside to ride his lawn mower around before the rain started and I went to my happy place in the kitchen.  This particular recipe is WONDERFUL !  I found it on line last year but had left it up here in MI when we went south for the winter.  I couldn't remember what website I found it on so couldn't make the muffins all winter.  The muffins are filled with blueberries in a wonderful, moist batter then covered with a mixture of sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter crumbles.  OH MY !!!  

I had remembered to buy sugar the other day, now I had some fresh blueberries so I was good to go.  I had 2 bowls set out, one for the batter and one for the topping.  I mixed the batter, got the crumbs ready for the topping and poured the batter into the first muffin tin. Then I added the topping and was ready to put the first pan into the oven when I realized . . . I NEVER ADDED THE BLUEBERRIES !!!! Now I have 6 muffins all set to bake but missing the key ingredient.  DUH DUH DUH !!!  I can't take the batter out of the tins because the crumbs are already on the top so I did the next best thing.  I took a handful of berries and poked them down into each muffin.  When they came out they weren't bad but the other muffins that had the blueberries mixed into the batter were much better.   And I know this because I have eaten at least 3 of them just to make sure they were all OK.

I cannot blame my error on The Man, he wasn't even in the house.  I guess it was just a small bran fart on my part.  These brain farts seem to be coming more and more often.  And my patience seems to be getting shorter.. Just yesterday I was shaking my head wondering if I will survive another season with this man.  Thankfully hockey playoffs are still in full swing so I have time to myself.  Last night there were no hockey games on that The Man cared about. I thought I was going to go nuts with him talking to me  about nothing.  That and the fact that he is getting more and more opinionated and argumentative by the day.  I recently had a conversation with his sister in law about her coming over for dinner.  She texted me, "Do you want me to bring over tacos tonight?"  Plain and simple. An inquiry that requires nothing more than a "YES" or a "NO".  I read the text to The Man and he went off on a 20 minute tirade about people knowing that he just got home and is tired. Why would you want to have tacos on a Tuesday?  Where are we getting the tacos from? What is in the tacos ?  (I really wanted to tell him road kill and grass . . .   What the hell do you think is in a taco?)  I let him rant for a few minutes and then returned to the initial question of " Do you want a freaking taco or not????"   

Rhonda and her son came over, they brought food from the American Legion in town who makes tacos, burritos and nachos every Tuesday. They were excellent !  We had a lovely visit, enjoyed the food and didn't have to do a bit of work.   This morning at breakfast The Man says to me, "She sure can talk, can't she!". This is out of the blue.  We had been sitting eating, the TV was on and I was looking at the paper. I looked up wondering WHO is he talking about?  Someone in the paper? someone on the TV ?   and then I realized he was talking about his sister in law who had brought over the tacos 2 nights ago.   

I am too old to be playing 20 questions every time we have a conversation.  

Enough ramblings for today. I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment