Wednesday, May 8, 2024

TIME TO BLOG

 If I don't sit down right now and write I may whoop You Know Who upside his haid.  The return from Florida to MI is always a stress filled time but today he is in rare form.  Today The Man is marshaling the troops and making ready to storm the castle.  At least that is how I am feeling.  For what ever reason The Man is sitting on his red throne in the kitchen just tossing out orders and getting all excited if the orders aren't instantly being taken care of.  Personally I am finding it all quite amusing. Don't judge me when I tell you I am playing mind games with The Man just because I can.  He makes it SO easy.  

Today is day 3 of returning to the farm.  We are still unpacking black suitcases, (and blue and red and brown suitcases and bags).  I can see the end in sight and that fills me with hope.  When I got up today I told The Man I was going to spend the day finishing up unpacking my stuff, go through my closet and weed out clothes I don 't wear and start a bag to donate to St. Vinny's.  I DID NOT come out and say, "Leave me the "F" alone so I can DO this."  but it certainly was implied. Anyone with a half a brain could read between the lines and read my body language to get a clear message that I did not want to be running errands for anyone!  

Sadly You Know Who apparently can not read.  

Not three minutes after I told him what I was planning for MY day The Man comes into the room and says, " I thought WE could go down the basement and check the sump pump and dehumidifier.  Translation . . .  Cathie goes down the basement to do what ever the lord and master standing at the top of the basement stairs yells down.  I have played this game many times before. It is not one of my favorite games.  It is a game I cannot win.  EVER !

There must be hope for me because when The Man told me his plans for US I stopped where I was, turned to face him and said, "NO!"  You could have blown him over with a feather,  He  didn't know what to say.  I calmly and quietly reminded him that I really wanted to get myself unpacked and organized.  It was like he never heard that before but he was perfectly content to go along with me.  I had planned ahead for just such an occasion and brought two jigsaw puzzles with us to MI.  They are simple puzzles, only 100 pieces and the pieces are large.  In order to keep him busy I brought out the first puzzle, set it up on the kitchen table by his "throne", helped him find all the edge pieces and got him started putting the edge together.  Just like I would do with a three year old.  

I did get all unpacked and organized today and there were no further orders or ideas coming from The Man.  It was a good day !

No comments:

Post a Comment