Thursday, May 9, 2024

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN

 HIs highness got up this morning with a plan.  His kingdom is under attack and WE must do something to stop the invasion.  As soon as I heard his plan for the day I wanted to go back to bed at the very least if not go back to Florida.  I am not ready to do battle with a yard full of weeds !

Yes, the invading forces are small and green and from what I can gather from His Highness, they are DEADLY !!!!!!!  My theory is, what the hell, they're green and blend in with the grass, leave them alone. But alas, that is not to be. The dastardly little beasts must be destroyed !!!!!     We need to rally the troops, (me) and sally forth into battle.  But first we must fill our stomachs with a hearty breakfast of steak and eggs. Good thing the cook is here to provide such sustenance.  By the time the kitchen wench has finished making breakfast and cleaning up she's ready to sit down to read the paper, (all 3 pages of it).  But the enemy awaits. 

Mow to arm ourselves for the ensuing encounter. Short of boiling oil and flaming arrows The Man was convinced he had some Roundup in the cabinet at the bottom of the stairs.  I personally don't even want to be in the same state with that particular weed killer thanks to all the TV commercials for lawyers who will represent you if you have contracted some hideous disease because you used Roundup in your garden.  But according to The Man it is just fine to use.  (This coming from the man who cannot breathe due to something in his life having destroyed his lungs.). I searched the closet as thoroughly as I would if I were looking for a Black Widow spider and told him there was NO Roundup.   Plan two is my solution to weeds . . .  spray them with vinegar !  I bought a sprayer that you fill with the vinegar, add a drop of dish detergent to make the vinegar stick to the leaves of what you want to kill and within 24 hours the weeds are turning yellow and are dead within hours.  Up to this point You Know Who has poo-poooood this approach to weeding but I use it all the time in my little garden in FL.  Now that The Man had no other option I got out the sprayer and vinegar, got him set up on a chair on the back patio and let him spray to his hearts content. While he was engaged in battle I walked out to the mailbox and then came inside to vacuum the house while I could do so without any intervention.  (Because this is The Man's kingdom I am trying to keep a very low profile this season.  So far I'm managing to fly under the radert.) 

We will have to wait a day to see if the enemy has been vanquished so in the mean time His Highness has gone in for a nap.  Not a bad idea !!!    Sadly my body is in pain from just the little bit of walking and digging in the closet and making breakfast that I need some Tylenol and a comfy chair to sit and blog from.  It seems that over the past year my body has gotten old and soft. I know I had a rather lethargic winter partly due to 6 weeks recovery from the stupid surgery on my foot. Once the holidays were over I was pooped and the foot surgery gave me the perfect excuse to just sit in my recliner and read. It was heavenly but I am paying the price for it now.  I'm so out of shape, (My shape has gone from pear to watermelon) and I have zero energy.  Perhaps I can blame some of that on all the changes of medications over the past 6 months but I truly think it is just that my body is TIRED !!!!  So with that thought in mind I am taking some guidance from The Man.  BABY STEPS !!!  One battle a day, rest between battles and eat CHOCOLATE !!!!!!  (Or drink wine, what ever floats your boat.)

And most important of all . . .   keep laughing !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment