Saturday, June 12, 2010

Quiet Saturday

I am too tired to fight the computer tonight to do a long blog. The clock says 22:19 so I have to get some sleep. Is this the most rediculous thing - telling time by the 24 hours? I have to translate 22 into 10PM before I know if I can go to bed or not. What's really freaky is when I wake up in the night and the clock says 00:19. I have NO idea what the hell time it is. Seriously . . . 19 is all the clock says. Weird!
I had a horrible night's sleep last night. Couldn't get comfortble, couldn't fall asleep, thought I was keeping Ger awake with all my tossing. NOt a good night! Ger and I are sharing a DOUBLE bed. It is way to small for 2 people that are old and large. Tonight we have brought in one of the bunk bed mattresses from Abby's room and I will sleep on that on the floor. It has got to be better than the little bed with the mushy mattress. Tonight I am so tired I could probably sleep in the bath tub which is the size of my pool in Florida.
Today was a day of rest and relaxation for Abby and I. Ger and K&B walked into Windsor to go the the "fish monger" who was closed because of "holiday", (he is on vacation).
Abby is not the sort of kid who can entertain herself when Grandma is around so we spent the day playing all sorts of imaginary games. Ger and I came down to the kitchen this morning to find Abby and Kyle on the floor between the stove and the center island with all the drawers pulled out to make a roof over them. Not sure what the game was but we heard that they had been there playing for over an hour.
Tonight Abby, Ger and I had dinner together while K&B went into town to meet a few friends and go to a pub where they could watch and cheer for the American soccer team playing the English in the World Cup. They aren't home yet so I guess they're having a good time.
Church tomorrow and who know what else. K&B will be here for the week and then a week from tomorrow they will fly to the Ukraine to start the final steps in
adopting 10 year old Roman. Abby, Ger and I will be here to hold down the Windsor end of the family so tonight's adventure of an evening with Abby was good practice. Aside from setting the loaf of italian bread on fire we did pretty well. These English appliances are crazy. NO clear on/off buttons so it is a challenge to cook, clean dishes or wash and dry clothes. But we got the fire out and managed to open some windows so hopefully the smoke will clear by the time the kids return home. Hopefully they will be too drunk to notice the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment