Thursday, January 17, 2013

NEED TO WRITE

It is "THE BLOGGING HOUR" . After 9 or 10 at night I start to relax and that is when the need to blog starts to appear.  There is nothing on TV these days, (that is a direct quote from my father from about 20 years ago. At the time I thought he was crazy because there were all sorts of mindless sitcoms on that we would watch nightly without fail. I would try to get my dad to watch things like "SOAP" or "THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN" or my favorite, "HOT L BALTIMORE" . He couldn't stand any of those and now I get it. TV basically is CRAP.)  So here I am each night, turn off the TV, clean the kitchen for the umteenth time and then . . .    what to do, what to do. By 9:15 Ger is not only IN bed but just about snoring. HE says he is saying the rosary but he is awfully quiet and the snores I don't think are part of any rosary that I know.
There is NO WAY IN HELL that I can fall asleep at 9:30 at night. Two in the afternoon is not a problem, even 5 in the afternoon is quite possible but 9:30?  YOU have got to be kidding. Now since Ger is in bed ASLEEP I can't, in good conscience, play or surf on the computer because the computer is in the bed room. WHO'S DUMB IDEA WAS THAT? Actually that is the best room in the house for it and during the day it affords me some "alone" time. All I have to say is, "I'm going to pay some bills" and husband leaves me alone for hours.  How the man can possibly think I am paying bills for two and a half hours is beyond me but it works! I DO NOT have my usual urge to blog during the day because there are way too many other things going on. My creative juices don't start to perk until the sun goes down and everyone else in the world goes to sleep. No phone calls, meals to prepare or laundry to do to interrupt me. Night is quiet and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the solitude of me and my computer. But wait, back to "The computer is in the bedroom". I Love my MAC but I just cannot bring myself to have that big bright screen shining across the room in Ger's face. I very much doubt it would bother him at all but I can't do that to the man. ( I can threaten to murder him but I can't shine a light in his face? Go figure!)
And so we go to back up plan #2. Plan #1 would be to use his iPad but I really don't like typing on the flat screen. I can't type nearly as fast on the Pad as I can on a regular key board. Plan #2 is to head to the original COMMAND CENTRAL!  The huge old desk made of solid wood that is ages old was left here by the original owner of this house. I love this desk but it is so big and really does not have a place in the house so it was left in the garage. All our "important papers" are filed in its large file size drawers and the swivel chair is so comfy I could live out here. Tonight it is a little warm in the garage but not uncomfortable. I have my little compact note book computer that I use when we travel AND a wireless key board and mouse so I don't have to type on those tiny keys. Now I am all set to sit and let my brain wander. OOPS, I don't have the thingy that I need to plug into the computer so the wireless mouse and key board will work. "Where the heck could that be? Oh Yea, I brought it in to the bedroom a couple of weeks back because I was doing something on the Mac that needed a 'right' click and the Mac mouse doesn't have that and . . . . . . . . ."
I "creep" into the bedroom, wake up Ger by clunking around searching for the connector, trip over the chair and drop the flashlight. I get back to the garage and the batteries are dead in the mouse. I return to the kitchen for new batteries and proceed to drop the entire open package of batteries all over the kitchen floor. Returning to the garage I have now worked up a sweat and will probably need another shower after this which will wake Ger up for sure. As I FINALLY sit down to write my mind has gone totally blank on what I was planning on writing and I am left to writing this nonsense.

BUT . . .  I FEEL GOOD !  I have gotten some words on "paper" and it feels good to just be talking.  Sorry to bore you and waste your time but I think I'm ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment