Friday, September 4, 2009

Gag Me With a Spoon

T.G.I.F to all you working folk out there and may your weekend be filled with fun and not crap emails. I have decided to nominate today as "Gag Me With a Spoon" day for all the TOTALLY STUPID emails that are floating around. I mean, come on people, just because some one sends you something stupid it does NOT mean you have to forward it. The day that God zaps me with lightening from my keyboard because I did not forward something in the next 20 seconds to 60 of my closest friends, that is the day I will rethink this blog. There is that wonderful little button on the computer called DELETE ! Enough with the cutsie, "you are one of my favorite people", (even though we haven't seen each other in over 10 years and I can't remember what you look like), "you are my best friend", (even though you still can't spell my name right and we did only work together for 1 year), "I am sending you a smile today", (I would really smile if my inbox only had 5 messages instead of 30). Seriously, what is with the angel mail, the leprechan, the roses, the butterflies, the woman who is walking around the world for who know what ? WHO STARTS THESE THINGS ? I think there is some man sitting at his computer just thinking up all the ways he can keep us at our computer for another 10 hours. I have no idea why, just cause it is terribly ammusing to think of a bunch of women, (and come on girls, you know as well as I do that there is not a single man alive who would bother forwarding all this stupidity!) sitting at our computers reading and hitting "forward", "forward","forward" . Did you ever think it is a plot to keep us out of the stores so we don't spend money?
What happened to the women's movement of the 60's ? Come on girls, we fought hard for equality because we are intellegent, open minded, driven women. And here we sit hoping that 300 years of bad luck will not befall us if we only can forward the little frog and his blessings to all our contacts in the next 2 seconds. STOP ! . . .THINK! . . . WHAT ARE YOU DOING? . . .It's stupid, stupid, stupid ! Am I the only one thinking this ? If you want to let me know that you miss me just send an email that says, "Hey Cath, I miss you." I don't need cutsie bunnys hopping around my computer screen wishing me good luck. Gag me with a spoon and get me a gun. I'd rather spend my day doing pretty much anything else, (except washing windows or cleaning bathrooms) than going through stupid email.

No comments:

Post a Comment