Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Survivor

Husband and I are playing the game of Survivor and I think I am loosing. It took me 40 years to realize we were playing so I guess I am not winning the "OUT THINK" part. And it is hard to out think some one who doesn't think. Then there is "OUT SMART". Well, let's face it, we all know who the brains are in this operation but I am NOT good at "playing games". It took me 20 years to just realize we were playing a game. I'm the "What you see is what you get" sort of person. Get that from my mom. If a thought goes through my brain it spills out my mouth. Husband on the other hand is IRISH. Irish MEN have been raised by Irish Mothers so they know how to keep quiet about everything except that which you wish they would keep quiet about. ("Have you gained weight?" asks the husband.) The Lace Curtain Irish are very good at putting on a front for the world and keeping EVERYTHING else behind those lovely lace curtains. I didn't know such a world existed until I married this man. For some one with diarrhea of the mouth I have found it very difficult to keep secrets. But I am a good student and now I can keep all sorts of secrets. Mostly from Husband ! Lastly come the "OUT LAST". Now here I thought I had an advantage. I am 6 years younger than Husband. That should count for something, right? Not in my game. The man is healthy as a horse. He takes only one pill a day for his thryoid. When he chooses to loose weight he can drop 20 lbs in about 3 weeks. Husband has never had any sort of surgery or been hospitalized since he was in his teens. How can I compete with that ? I'm on a first name basis with half the doctors in Southern Florida and take more pills than a drugged up druggie. This game sucks. I wish I had never figured out we were playing. Life is so much better when you just think you are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment