Wednesday, July 13, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUSBAND !

Aren't they just the cutest guys ever ?  The one on the left is H. You know,  that guy that I am usually pissing and moaning about. Well, tomorrow is the Old Boy's 72nd birthday! I think he is looking pretty good for an old guy. We were married when Ger was 29 and he turned 30 on our honeymoon. We happened to be in Zurich, Switzerland at the time and with all the excitement of wedding and a huge road trip through Europe, (great long story for another day), I totally forgot about Ger's birthday. AND IT WAS THE BIG THREE OH NO LESS!  I woke up at some point during the night like some one had smacked me and the one thought on my mind was "OH SHIT! It's Ger's 30th birthday and I have nothing for him!" I crawled out of bed and rummaged around in my suitcase and back pack for anything I could find that I could turn into a gift. When Ger woke up the morning of his birthday he found 3 sticks of gum and 2 silver 50 cent pieces wrapped in toilet paper and a home made card written in lip stick and pen, also on toilet paper. And that was 42 years ago and the man still is with me. (We always laugh that if we survived 6 weeks in Europe for a honeymoon our marriage would survive ANYTHING!)
As for Ger surviving anything, . . .  THANK YOU GOD but Ger is the healthiest person I know. He has been through 42 years of putting up with me and that would equal any battle with life threatening diseases. The man looks and acts like he is 50 and enjoys life the way he wants to. No bungee jumping or sky diving, no roller coasters or surf boards for this man. (Probably why he is so healthy) There is the occasional beer when we have guests, several hours of Fox News EVERY day, any food that I put in front of him, (although we have been eating out a LOT more these days) and the regular visits with the grand kids. I think this last thing is the key to staying young. Oh, and don't forget that we retired to Florida! That is a big part of staying young.
We will celebrate Ger's BD tonight by going to a base ball game at our minor league stadium, weather permitting, eating a hot dog and a soda and then flying to MD tomorrow on H's actual BD for a visit with Kaelin and Finley. Finley is being baptized on Sunday so how could we miss that?

I wish Husband many, many more years of a good, healthy life. He is a keeper, in spite of what I say and I do want to keep him around for a while longer. As I tell everyone who comments on "HOW GREAT GER LOOKS" . . .   it's all because I take such good care of him! Actually I think it is the other way around.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY GER !    I DO LOVE  YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment