Friday, July 15, 2011

OH MY ACHING . . .

You name it, it's aching! We are now in MD visiting with our daughter and family. Who am I kidding, I am visiting with Kaelin and Finn ! Finn still isn't sure who the heck I am but he does give me smiles so I figure that is good. Kaelin knows for sure who we are and exactly how to get EVERYTHING she wants !
The day we left Florida on the 8:30 AM flight Kaelin woke her parents at 7:15 AM asking if THIS WAS THE DAY GRANDMA WAS COMING? Good thing she is such a cute kid cause mom and dad might have been tempted to sell her to the gypsies. But that was only the beginning for them. When Kaelin gets "ESCITED" there is no holding her and she was ESCITED to the max. She kept asking when we were coming till Keri finally told her we would be arriving after lunch. Five minutes later, at 10:15  Kaelin wanted to eat lunch. Is this kid smart or what ! By the time we arrived in BWI and rented our car and got on the road Kaelin was out of control.  She apparently stood on the couch for the entire afternoon looking out the window waiting for grandma and grandpa to arrive. Ker says if we had gotten there any later she and Steve would have been raving lunatics.
Needless to say, once we arrived Grandma has not stopped "DOING" with Kaelin. Doing involves sitting on the floor and getting up at least a thousand times a day. We have crawled under the blow up pool to hid in our "hideout" and used the bed sheets to make a tent that we also crawled into. Grandma and Kaelin are covered with dirt, leaves and God only knows what sort of creepy crawlies. I am hoping that the large doses of Aleve will not only dull the pain in my body but kill any sort of disease that I may be picking up out in the yard.
Today Kaelin decorated me in stickers and hair clips and bands. If only Ger had gotten away from the TV long enough to get a picture I could have shown you what a great time I am having.
As for Finn, he is loving my being here because I am keeping his big sister busy which means she is not bugging him. Kaelin does not leave Finn alone for a minute, Her love may kill him so he is delighted to have someone else distracting her. Tonight they have both fallen asleep and I am about to do the same  thing even though it is only 8:30 at night. Morning comes real early up here in Maryland and the days are at least 40 hours long.

No comments:

Post a Comment