Sunday, May 4, 2014

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY

I'm not writing this to make you jealous but I have GOT to tell you about this day today.
The past week has been HOT down here. Summer time hot !  Temperatures near 90, sun and clouds and humidity that is usually only around in the dead of summer.  That was O.K. with us because most of the snow birds have left town, the roads, stores and restaurants are so much less crowded so hot and humid doesn't bother me at all.
Then yesterday the summer type monsoon rain came late in the day and nearly drowned us on our way to mass. During mass the rain was pounding on the roof of the church it sounded like elephants stampeding across the heavens. But with the heavy rain came a drop in temperature so that by this morning it was in the very low 70's and cooler outside than in the house. That prompted me to open am the windows and doors to air out the smoke from last nights dinner. (Suffice to say I wasn't paying attention to the toaster oven and the potatoes that were in it. )
Ger and I had breakfast on the lanai and because it was such a beautiful day we didn't move far from there for the whole day.  Mid afternoon found us sitting under the awning in the back yard. The pool has reached 89 degrees so I took a swim and life just doesn't get any better than this!

I hear all of you telling yourselves Spring is finally coming up North. It really has stopped snowing, finally. The weather is changing for the better and where you live is just as good as Florida.

Sorry folks,  after a day like today there is no place else on this Earth that I would want to be.  I DO live in Paradise and I just don't know why you are all still living where you are.

Have a great week !

No comments:

Post a Comment