Sunday, May 11, 2014

WHAT THE FEATHERS

We had Smith here with us for the weekend. We were trying to give mom and dad a little extra time to sleep since Wynn and Grey are really busting everyone's chops. We picked Smith up on Friday afternoon and he stayed till this afternoon. A FANTASTIC time was had by all.  There were some poop issues that even the apple juice didn't fix but that's a whole other story.

Every time we see Smith we never know what to expect. For some time there SCOOBY DOO was all we focused on. Then dinosaurs entered Smiths world and that was the main topic of videos books and  play. But all that has taken a back seat to . . . .  TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES !
What my son was thinking when he introduced his almost four year old to the world of kicking, fighting, rambunctious turtles is beyond me but Smith now lives and breathes the four stupid turtles. Leonardo, (the blue masked turtle) is his favorite and fondly referred to as Leo . Then there is Donny, short for Donatello, Raffie, short for Raphael, and last but not least Mikey, short for Michelangelo.
We played turtles all weekend. We even made a sewer, (yes, you read that right) to house the turtles. (I had a new bed delivered this past week which came in 6 very large cardboard boxes. When taped end to end it was the perfect sewer for Smith to play in. He was quite upset when mom and dad told him it would not fit in the car so he could not bring it home. Now I get to store this monstrosity till smith's next visit.)

But getting back to the influence of turtles on an almost four year old . . . The first time I heard my grand son exclaim "WHAT THE . . . ." I wasn't sure I heard him right but then five minutes later he once again said, "WHAT THE . . . " and I knew I had indeed heard him correctly.  He never put the "F" bomb at the end of his exclamation but I expected it every time. Smith seemed quite comfortable in using this expression, even to the point of occasionally saying, "WHAT THE FEATHERS". I thought at first that he had picked this up from some bigger kids at school, or maybe mom or dad. I even went back through my memory to think if I had said this on occasion but really had no idea where this adorable kid came up with this.  Think no further grandma, it seems the Ninja Turtles use this expression so if it's good enough for Leo and "The Guys" it's good enough for Smith!

And as we all know from reading Grand ma's blog, it is apparently good enough for Grand ma.

What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment