Wednesday, June 4, 2014

AGAIN !!!!!!! ????

It is getting increasingly difficult to just smile and nod when Husband is in CHEMO BRAIN mode.  I think perhaps there is more to this than chemo and radiation. The man is increasingly forgetful and I fear that one of these times he will go out without me and end up on the big screen on I-95 as the latest Silver Alert. (Yes folks, here in Florida we not only have Amber alerts, we have Silver alerts for those old folks who wander out in their cars and are never seen again.) I am expecting any day to see              

"SILVER ALERT     Silver 2003 Toyota Rav 4     license plate    Florida  # 212 MFA       Last seen at
Mac Donalds  or Chick fil A.   Bald guy driving with a stupid look on his face but killer eye lashes that women swoon over.  75 years old but easily could pass for 80-85.  Probably won't remember his name and won't be able to find his drivers license when asked. Also missing his credit card for the umpteenth time.  If found do not call wife, she really doesn't want him back any time soon."

Once again H has lost his credit card and has waited 3-4 days to mention the fact. What am I going to do with this man?  I rarely let him out alone and yet he manages on those few occasions to loose anything not directly attached to his body. He has often been found wandering around the parking lot looking for his car. Then once having found his car he cannot figure out where he left his keys! this latest loss of credit card is really pissing me off.  Not only does H not know where he left his card, he has NO idea of where he has been ! The man can not remember anything for more than a second. Forget what ever he did 4 days ago. I have been searching for the credit card since he mentioned it's absence. Trying to get H to remember what he did the ONE time he was out without me is like toilet training an elephant. We know that H went to the gym last Friday. He did stop to buy himself some food but can't remember if he was at Dunkin Donuts or Mac Donalds. There are no empty cups or wrappers in the car to give me a clue. The only thing we have to go on is that his CVS card is also missing. My theory is that he returned some medicine to CVS and left his cards there. I called the store and they swear they have no cards there. I will stop in tomorrow and speak to someone who may take the time to actually search. Then I'll stop at both food places and possibly even the gym.  After that I guess it's a call to the bank to get a new card . . . AGAIN !  

Do you think it's time to take his card away ?

No comments:

Post a Comment