Friday, November 28, 2014

MY OCD THANKSGIVING

Let me start out by saying this Thanksgiving was one of the best ! Family was here, fun was had and there were lots of laughs and great food.  Grand pa was feeling fantastic enjoying the company and attention of Abby and Roman.
Grand ma had a WONDERFUL time even though my OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER kicked up a notch. It seems I have always been Obsessive, as in keeping my room "organized". I'm not saying clean, I'm just saying "organized".  There is a HUGE difference.  It may be a mess but it is MY mess and I can find everything I need.  The compulsive side shows up in my need to do it all my self ! As husband has said for 45 years, I HAVE to be in charge and I HAVE to be right, and I AM bossy. I never gave a name to all this but OCD does seem to fit the picture.
SO . . .  bring in some super efficient and capable young adults in the form of oldest son Kyle and his wonderful wife Bridget, put them in MY KITCHEN and grand ma goes into shock. It took all my will power to just sit back and LET THEM DO !  Dinner was fabulous ! I DID NOTHING !  I sat and watched the parade for the first time in 41 years, I snuggled with Abby, crawled on the floor with Wynn and Grey, chatted with Kristen and Kent, laughed and played with Roman and Smith and just had the most fun ever !  All the while telling myself "LEAVE THE 'KIDS' (Kyle and Bridget) ALONE.  Just because they didn't do the mashed potatoes MY way, the potatoes were fabulous.  The turkey was yummy and there wasn't a TON of left overs that I would have ended up throwing out 3 months from now.  There was the PERFECT amount left over. My hands itched at wanting to be in the kitchen cooking but I FOUGHT IT AND WON !!!
I guess I really do have an obsessive/compulsive disorder after all because it really WAS an internal battle to LET GO !  Go figure someone else can do as good as. IF NOT BETTER than me !! This  may be the beginning of a wonderful discovery.

THANKS KYLE AND BRIDGET FOR ALL YOU DID !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment