Saturday, June 5, 2021

NEW OLYMPIC EVENT

 Once again I have come up with an idea for a new game.  This time I think it is worthy of Olympic Medal status because only the extremely talented and physically fit will be able to compete. The category is . . .

                                                      MATTRESS WRESTLING 

Today's event was attempted by The Man and I so it can be classified as a "team" sport. It can be part of either the summer or Winter Olympics because it basically can be held any where at any time. I do caution the participants in this sport to be sure to get a good night's sleep before and eat a hearty breakfast because it will sap all your energy. I must give credit to Mike Lindell who provided the necessary "equipment" for the event.

It all started with watching Fox News.  One of Fox's biggest advertisers is Mike Lindell , creator of               "MY PILLOW".  It seems that every time there is a commercial break my man Mike is on talking about his Pillows, Sheets from Giza, Towels or Mattress Toppers. There is always a sales code shown on the screen for you to enter when you purchase one of these products. It had become a game with The Man and me to try to guess what code will be shown on each commercial.  I never guess the right one but The Man is actually getting quite good at this game. 

Anyway . . . Some time last year I decided to give My Pillow a try.  The Man is one of those people who, like my son-in-law, likes to sleep on a pillow that is about as flat as woodchuck that's been run over by a steam roller. (I honestly don't know why they even bother with a pillow at all but that's their issue.) I, on the other hand, love a fluffy pillow but one that will mold itself to my head. Not too soft, not too hard. Just like Goldilocks I want a pillow that is "just right".  And thanks to Mr. Mike Lindell "My Pillow" is exactly what I was looking for.  Mike said that once I tried his pillow I would never want any other and he is one hundred percent correct.  I LOVE My Pillow!  (How's that for an endorsement ?) 

Once I had "My Pillow" and was so happy with it I started paying more attention to the other products being made by this company. I have too many towels already so I haven't looked into them. Likewise, I don't need sheets although I do think that will be a purchase I will make some time in the future. The ones they show on TV look pretty amazing so I may have to give them a try. The product that did catch my eye was the "Mattress Topper". It is foam with a cover on it that supposedly regulates how hot or cold you get when you sleep. As it happens The Man had bought a new mattress last year to go along with his new adjustable bed. (I have a "sleep number" adjustable bed in Florida and The Man just loves that he can raise his feet to help keep his legs from swelling up and have the bed vibrate to help him fall asleep. As if that is ever a problem.) After getting used to the adjustable bed in Florida The Man decided to buy one for his Michigan home. He ordered the bed on line without ever trying it out. (The reason for that is he would have to drive three hours to any place that sold that type of bed. The UP does NOT have anything that fancy.) One of the questions the sales person asked The Man was, " Do you want a hard or soft mattress.?' The Man chose hard . . .  and boy was it ever! The first time I tried it I thought I was sleeping on cement. I managed to get through last summer by sleeping on a body pillow in the bed but once I saw Mile LIndell's mattress topper I knew it was just the thing I needed.  It just so happened that back in late March there was a special going on where the mattress toppers were being sold for HALF the original price.  (A side note here . . .  the MY Pillow products are NOT CHEAP ! But I think they are worth every penny.) Well all I needed was to hear was "SALE" and I was on the computer putting in my order.  Only problem was I had no idea how long it would take for the topper to arrive so I had it sent to the Florida address. I couldn't wait to buy it just before we headed north so I could have it sent to MI because it was on sale NOW.  As it turned out the thing arrived in about 2 weeks so I stuffed the huge thing in the trunk of the car and we brought it with us when we returned to The Man's house in May. I put it on the bed the minute we arrived in MI and I have never slept so well.  This thing is AMAZING !!  Super comfortable, just soft enough but firm too. All was well with the world . . .  

UNTIL . . .

Two days ago I was coming out of the house and bashed my arm on the screen door when leaving.  Because I am an old lady I got a bruise the size of Rhode Island. It was lovely purple and red and black and right in the center of it was Mt. Vesuvius. Right in the center of this colorful bruise I had a big old blood blister that I knew I should probably pop but I chose not to play doctor and let nature take it's course.  As Nature would have it Vesuvius chose to blow somewhere in the middle of the night while I was asleep. When I got up the nest morning the sheet had a huge blood stain on it. Cursing, I stripped the bed only to realize that the blood had soaked through onto my new mattress toper. Damn!  Damn!  Damn!  But wait !  Mike Lindell said the mattress topper cover was completely washable! Of course!  All I had to do was unzip the cover, pre soak it with some Oxy Clean and then run it through the wash, which is exactly what I did. The mattress topper came out spotless! Now all I had to do was put the cover back on the king size foam pad from which it came and I'd be back in business. 

This is where the new Olympic sport was born,  The Man and I wrestled the damn topper and cover for no less than a half hour. We knew that it HAD to fit because it came off the pad so it HAD to go back on. 

                                                                     NOT !!!!!!!!

It might have been easier to wrestle twelve seven foot alligators than to try to get this pad zipped back into its cover. We finally got it on but there is a huge lump of foam by my feet that just will not ooze itself out. I don't know if the topper shrunk, (I washed it in warm water, not hot), or if, like my butt, once it was released from its case it exploded out and grew in size. What ever the reason for this phenomenon I will never, EVER, take that cover off the foam ever again.  If I disintegrate on this bed just throw the topper away with my remains because I can't compete in this event again. 

A side not to all who would like a VERY good book to read . . . Mike Lindell has written his autobiography and called it, "What Are The Odds".  I bought it and read it in a matter of days. This man is a walking miracle. If ever there was someone who God wanted to remain on this earth for a reason it is Mike Lindell. I highly recommend every one read his book. 

It's not nearly as expensive as his Mattress Topper.

No comments:

Post a Comment