Wednesday, March 20, 2024

IS THIS TUNA ??

I haven't written in a long while . . .   sorry about that.  Busy busy busy?.  Or is it Lazy lazy lazy ?  You pick.  I am either super busy doing nothing important and when I have nothing important to do I just want to sit and binge watch "This is Us".    Never watched it before and can't stop watching it now.  

ANYWAY . . .    I have been cleaning this morning.  Because of the whole foot nonsense I have not been able to clean the house in weeks.  I would sneak in a quick vacuuming when The Man wasn't around to tell me to "GET OFF YOUR FOOT" but other than that the dust bunnies were gathering and preparing to attack.  And so this morning when The Man went out to his pulmonary rehab session I gathered my mop, broom, vacuum, dust cloth and then sat down to rest.  I haven't actually cleaned anything yet but my good intentions are there. (It's a wonder I knew where any of my cleaning supplies were.) 

As I sat down in the living room to check my email before getting to work The Man arrived home. My first question for him each day is, " What have you eaten today?"   The standard answer is ALWAYS, "A donut or two and a nutrition drink".  (Thank goodness for the VA and their suggestion and supply of Ensure. Without it The Man would get NO protein in his diet at all. I DO try but it is an uphill battle.) As usual today's answer was exactly what I expected. I then asked if he wanted some lunch. The answer of course was "yes" because he expected me to get up and make lunch.  Because I was sitting in my recliner in the living room and he was standing in the kitchen can you guess what my thoughts were on ME making lunch?   I suggested The Man open the fridge and have one of the several things that were sitting in there just waiting for someone to eat them.  There is a piece of steak leftover from dinner 2 nights ago.  A container of tuna salad left over from lunch on Monday. There is bologna and chili and several other "leftovers" just waiting for someone to heat them up and eat them.  It took a little encouraging for The Man to agree to open the fridge and as he stood there blankly staring like a deer in headlights I just watched to see how this would play out.  It was his next question that prompted me to write todays blog.

As The Man stood in front of the fridge holding a small container of something he turned to me and asked, "Is this tuna?"   

Please tell me if there is ANYONE on God's Green Earth who can NOT identify tuna fish by its smell. !! All he had to do was open the container and give it a look and a sniff and he would immediately know he had hit the mother load in finding tuna.  

He is still alive and I did not even blink when he asked if he had indeed found the tuna. 

 But I knew I had to put it all in writing so that when some day, way in the future, when I am sitting in my old age home wondering if I had dreamed all this I could go back to my blogs and reassure myself that these memories are real.   I'm sure it will strike me as just as funny then as it does now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment