Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winter

It's just so cold down here. I mean, REALLY! 62 degrees when I get up in the morning. This is ridiculous!
Have I got your attention ? I can just hear Sharon now . . . 60 ! 60 ! " She thinks 60 is COLD?"
I was talking this evening with a friend from Ohio. She was down in FL for the week on business. When she left Ohio it was minus 3 degrees ! NOW THAT IS COLD! And all my NY friends and family have been complaining about the freezing temperatures this winter. Not to mention my darling daughter in Maryland who is buried under 2 feet of snow. What's the story this year? Last year we were on the beach all winter. It was fabulous. This year I have had to turn on the heat for a day or two. (What's that I hear . . . screaming from NY again?) Actually I must say that in spite of all the snow birds who have come to FL this winter to get warm and are complaining left and right about how cold it is, I am loving the weather. It has been a wonderful winter in Florida. Cold nights. (Temps in the 40's at night is COLD for us.) It's been great snuggling under covers rather than pushing them off trying to catch a breeze from the ceiling fan. It's been great weather for working in the garden, walking, playing golf or tennis, (neither of which I do), or just plain going out side. And all this without the chance of snow. It is a shame for those of you who get your one week vacation each year and decide to come to "someplace warm". Surprise! But just think, the sun IS shining, it IS warmer than any place you came from and we don't have to look at your nasty white skin hanging over those Speedos cause it is just too cold to go to the beach. Yep, I like it cold in Florida.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't do the cold. I hate it. I have become so spoiled living down here!

    ReplyDelete