Wednesday, November 17, 2010

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

I have just wasted the past hour and a half fighting the computers. Not just one computer but TWO computers. (That's what I get for having 2 computers. I get no sympathy there.) I can't even tell you how the day got away from me. It started off pretty good and all of a sudden it is 3 in the afternoon and I haven't gotten a single thing done except raise my blood pressure and undo all the good that yoga did me yesterday afternoon.  I am one Valium away from smashing my head into the nearest wall. And so I will blog! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  feeling better already.
It's been an interesting couple of days. On Sunday afternoon we went to a great Mexican restaurant in Boca called Uncle Julio's. Food was fantastic and the atmosphere was wonderful. It was a balmy Florida evening, Smith was a real Happy Guy who fell asleep just as dinner arrived and we had a lovely time. WE were celebrating Kristen's birthday on Monday and we were all in a festive mood.
Monday morning the shit hit the fan . . . literally for Kent and Kristen. We got a phone call from the "K's" asking how we were feeling because both Kent and Kristen had been up ALL night spewing from both ends. SICK AS DOGS was the term used by them. I offered to come down to take care of Smith for the day because Ger and I were fine. We had all eaten the same foods so we don't know if it was food poisoning or a "BUG" but what ever it was it had done them in. By noon Smith and I were wiping down his house with Lysol and Purel"ing" ourselves to try to ward off what ever this was. We spent a good part of the day outside with Mookie the dog, who seems to think that I come to visit just to play ball with her. I stayed over night and Smith got in some good grandma time. He was a SUPER good boy and when I left on Tuesday everyone was doing better.
It was a toss up to stay in the house of vomit or return to my house of heat. Our NEW AC is still not working and the temperatures in South Florida are rising. The house is a wonderfully clammy 89 degrees this afternoon so when the computer started fighting me I was in no mood to put up with it's crap. These damn machines are just that, machines. When I am typing on the Apple and it is correcting my spelling as I go along I forget that it doesn't have a brain. But then when I want to find or do something and don't know exactly how to get to where I want to go and the computer just sits there blinking it little cursor at me I want to scream.
But now that I am venting all is falling into place. The phone (that was out for 4 days but is now fixed) rang and it was the AC guys saying they should have the part for the NEW AC by tomorrow morning so we should have cool air by tomorrow afternoon.
See, patience is a virtue ! My mother always told me to learn the art of patience and all would be well. The wall AC unit in the garage is working fine, I'll get straightening up this mess out here so I can then bring the mess from inside into this space and there will a nice neat house, clean clothes in the washer and maybe even dinner on the table. Or maybe I'll just have a drink ! I have a bucket of Mojitos in the freezer left from when Jeanne and Lynne were here last week. Maybe I should just call it quits and relax for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment