Friday, April 29, 2011

HOW DO YOU WRAP AN ORCHID ?

This is  my birthday gift from Ger . . .  he did good !   It is a real, live (for the time being) honest to goodness BLUE ORCHID.
Yesterday was my birthday and Husband bought this beautiful orchid for me. Now stop "OOHing and AHHHing", the man did not figure this out by him self. Ger and I were in Home Depot about a week ago and there were these fantastic blue orchids on display. Knowing that Husband ALWAYS has trouble buying gifts for me I stopped to admire these lovely plants. I purposely commented on how beautiful they were and how I would LOVE to have one. That afternoon Husband started in on his usual "pity party" telling me how hard it is to buy me gifts. He just NEVER knows what to get me for my birthday, (Christmas, Mother's day and any other gift giving occasion.) I told him I would really love one of the blue orchids we saw today in aisle 5 at the Home Depot on Indiantown Rd. I would have driven him back to the store if that was necessary but Husband came through with a surprised look and the comment, "REALLY? You really would want one of those?" (Dead Serious! I kid you not!) The next day I had a blue orchid.
I have gotten to the point of "WHAT EVER IT TAKES" to get this man shopping for me. I happen to love celebrating my birthday, anniversary, last car payment. Anything that gives me a chance for gifts and a party is fine with me.
It has only taken 42 years but I think Husband is finally getting it, maybe.  On my birthday Ger also gave me a new lounge chair for the back yard AND the DVD of the newest Harry Potter movie.  I think my birthday was fantastic this year. Topping off these awesome gifts Ger gave me a card that I know he searched for to say just the right things. Husband is not a very open guy. We don't talk feelings or thoughts. If it isn't on Fox News we don't talk about it. But his card to me said all the things he doesn't say and that was pretty cool.  I guess I'll keep him around a little longer. Or at least till I find another orchid that I have never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment