Wednesday, October 23, 2013

HEAD BUTTS

Our son Kent and daughter-in-law Kristen had a cat that gave the best head butts in the whole world. Motsie was one cool cat, fat and lazy and just a giant fuzz ball of love. He would come over to visit you where ever you were and check you out. If you happened to be standing at the kitchen counter he would jump up, casually saunter over and put his head down so you could head butt him in the gentlest way possible. I think it was his way of saying, "Hey, I like you!"  Not every one got head butts, Husband for example would never let poor Mots near enough to get some love but Kristen and Kent got their fill. Sometimes it was at 5 in the morning when a head butt was the last thing in the world you wanted but when Motsie wanted to show some love, you got love!
It was several years before I was graced with the fuzzy big guys love. I think it was after our drive from Maryland to Florida in a rental truck when Kristen was moving to Delray. Kent and Kristen were in their car with Mookie the dog and  I got to drive the truck with Motsie draped across the dash board right in front of the steering wheel. It was a delightful two day trip with Motsie staying in the hotel room with me on our overnight stop. We got to be pretty friendly, all things considered. Mots did not like being grabbed and wrapped in a blanket to be transported from home to truck, truck to hotel, hotel to truck and truck to new home. But he weathered the trip with his usual cat like indifference and adjusted to life in Florida. Soon after he was settled in I began to be blessed with his affection in the form of a head butt. He is missed now that he has passed on to the big litter box in the sky. Charlie the cat has yet to acknowledge I am alive, no less show me any affection.

But that is all past and the only head butts I get these days are the grease marks on our bathroom mirror. I have yet to figure out how the marks got there as they are on the side wall mirror. As would be expected they are on Ger's side of the sinks. They are just about at the height of where Ger's head would be while he is standing at the sink. BUT HOW DID THEY GET THERE?
I noticed today there are 3 marks. Has Ger fallen over 3 times and bumped his head on the wall? Has he fallen asleep while brushing his teeth?  Has he walked out of the shower and straight into the wall?
I think I am going to make sure I am brushing my teeth when he is in the sink room  so I can watch to see what the heck the man is doing. I have come to realize that ANYTHING is possible but this one stumps me.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment