Friday, November 29, 2013

HAPPIEST THANKSGIVING

I don't know if it was Kristen's fabulous and obscenely delicious seven layer bars or just the wonder of the day but I wanted . . . No, NEEDED, to write this blog tonight.  Ger is sleeping as are Kyle and Roman, I am tired but the seven layer bars are rolling around in my stomach and my brain is rolling around all the fantastic moments of the past week and the joy of this day.

Backing up to set the scene . . . Ger has had a horrible cold for 2 weeks.  Kyle arrived late Saturday and Ger was coughing and snotting into his vile handkerchiefs. Ger stayed home on Sunday when the rest of us went to Pompano to see Smith and his parents. We went to the Ft. Lauderdale science museum and had a wonderful day.  At home that night Ger woke me at midnight because he was on the floor of the bathroom and couldn't get up. He had knelt down to throw up and couldn't get back up off the floor. He wouldn't let me get Kyle so the 2 of us spent a half hour maneuvering till he could get to a point of hanging on the sink while I lifted him. The next morning I called the doctor. It was either that or take him to the ER.  As I looked at him Monday morning I realized the left side of his neck was very swollen.tha steal led the deal that he needed to see a doctor A.S.A.P. God bless dr. V, she told us to come in right away. She took one look at Ger and discussed putting him into the hospital. Instead WE decided to get him a CT scan, give him some intravenous hydration and a stronger antibiotic. Seven hours later we returned home to Kyle and Roman who had spent the day hanging out. Nice vacation with grandma and grandpa!
Tuesday we went back for more hydration and the results of the CT Scan. The neck swelling was from a blood clot in his neck so Ger is now back on the daily shots of blood thinner. Kyle came up and stayed with Ger for the 3 hours of intravenous and Roman and I did some target and Walmart shopping for last minute stuff. We had lunch and lots of laughs.
Wednesday Ger was still a mess and very very muddled in his brain thanks to the meds and the sinus infection that he also had. We left Ger home to sleep, Kyle went and swam in the ocean and Roman and I went to the movies. This young man is a joy to be with. He is maturing from the little boy who joined the family 3 years ago but is still very young and innocent. I really enjoyed our special time together.
Uncle Kent, aunt Kristen and Smith arrived last night and the 2 boys, ten years apart image had a great time playing, running and watching movies together. Smith just adores Roman and Roman is wonderful with Smith. That left lots of time for the adults to just relax and have a few laughs.
I woke up this morning to the smell of roasting turkey that Kyle had gotten started at 8. He even cooked breakfast for everyone and made the coffee. What a guy!!!!!  Later in the morning we all went to the park and watched Roman and Smith while we enjoyed the bright sunshine and cool temperature. Grand pa was feeling better and less confused but he stayed home to "watch the turkey" and nap. We returned to find the turkey ready, pulled the rest of the dinner together and sat down to a scrumptious Thanksgiving dinner. After which everyone took naps while I got to clean and reorganize my kitchen. That was a great gift to me. I could clean up at my own pace and by the time envy one woke up we were ready for the AMAZING TURKEY CAKE that Roman and I had created from one we saw on the compute. I promise to show you the cake tomorrow once I download the picture into the computer. We had more fun making this silly cake and it tasted SOOOOOOOOooooo
Good.
it was a wonderful day  . . . THANK YOU GOD !   We talked to family and friends, we ate a fantastic meal and I had my tow sons and their sons with me to share this day.
I AM SO BLESSED !

No comments:

Post a Comment