Friday, January 3, 2014

PLAY TIME

Never mind art therapy, music therapy, water therapy etc . . .  All it takes to make me happy is 24 hours with one of the grand kids and I am good for a week or two. The happiness I get from playing with a child surpasses years of counseling and therapy of any kind. Just give me some play dough and I am good for hours of endless fun.

I talked Smith's parents into letting us bring Smith home with us yesterday for an overnight. It is the end of the 2 week Christmas vacation, Kristen had to go back to work on Thursday but also had a doctor appointment for her 24 week ultra sound of the twins. She invited Ger and I to come down to meet the babies. She didn't have to ask me twice ! Ger really wasn't excited because he always feels awkward and out of place but I talked him into coming any way. WOW !  What an experience that was.  We met Kent and Smith at their house and they drove us to the doctor's office down town Ft. Lauderdale where we met Kristen. We had to wait a while but Smith was awesome waiting. When we finally got to see little Ms. Lawlor and little Mr. Lawlor it was incredible! They didn't do ultra sounds when I was pregnant so this was a first. We could actually see every part of them. Their little faces are formed and one was even sucking it's thumb!
From there Kent, grandpa, Smith and I went out to lunch and then we scooped up Smith and headed home. Yesterday was hot enough that Smith and I went swimming after a visit to the wild life refuge where we got to pet a snake AND a skunk. When it got too dark and cool to swim we went into the lanai and played play dough for 2 hours. Then it was dinner, bath and bed. We both slept GREAT !
This morning Smith slept till after 7 and was in a great mood. During the night the temperature outside had dropped into the low 60's so it was too cold play out on the lanai. (My deepest sympathy to the rest of the entire country that is buried under several feet of snow.  BWHAAAAAAA! )  Smith and I played more play dough in the kitchen and then got into major construction.  What do you do when it's too cold to swim or play outside and have a garage FULL of packing boxes of all sizes leftover from Christmas ???
YOU BUILD A ROCKET SHIP !  As you can see Smith is already in the command module ready for blast off.  WE had such a good time building and "decorating" the rocket that before we knew it it was time for the little man to have lunch, take a nap and head home.

Grand pa says I have as much fun as the kids.  I think I have MORE fun !! I bet I sleep good again tonight!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment