Monday, March 31, 2014

I REALLY NEED TO STOP THINKING

You know that old saying, "We plan, God laughs" ?  Well once again I am living proof that I am not in control of my life in any way shape or form.  The fact that Kent and Kristen ended up with TWO babies instead of just the one that they had planned on should have reminded me it is futile to make any sort of plans.

By the way, those two babies are just the most adorable things ever! Wynn may be joining his sister at home tomorrow or the next day which should help mom and dad get some rest. Running back and forth to the hospital for feedings is getting old.

But, back to the problem of planning ANYTHING these days.  Ger has been doing great so naturally I start thinking we can soon return to "The good old days" of traveling here there and where ever.  HA!
Just today Ger and I were having breakfast and I asked him if he thought he would be up to taking a cruise. I started thinking abut a two day, one night cruise to the Bahamas right from West Palm Beach. It's not that expensive and it wouldn't be too taxing on Ger. but as is my way my brain continued to think and by the time we had returned home from breakfast I had my head wrapped around a ten day/two week cruise to the Panama Canal. After all, cruising is so simple, just get on the ship, sit around eating and drinking and see the sights that sail by. PIECE OF CAKE !

Then God hit me up side my head !  He sent Ger an awful rash on his upper leg and even had it bleed a bit so that Ger would notice it and get scared enough to tell me about it.  I took one look at this rash and kissed all thoughts of travel GOOD BYE !
This was my reminder that even though husband appears to be OK he is NOT ! I don't think the man has ever looked at himself in the mirror except to shave his face. HOW ???? He could not have noticed this rash is way beyond me. His skin is raw as chop meat and is oozing. Yet he did not know this was there. I am beyond belief that he can be soooooooooo unaware of his own skin. How DOES that happen?
So not only will we not be traveling, because I just never  know when something will pop up but I also have lost my one day this week to sleep in.  I had plans of covering my head tomorrow morning and not letting the world any where near me till at least noon .

I'll be up at 8 to call for a doctor appointment for Ger.   I better call my therapist too.

No comments:

Post a Comment