Wednesday, March 26, 2014

SORRY !

Not really, but I did totally have a major melt down and bad as it was I really should not have . . .

What the hell . . .  Guess my alter ego just isn't that nice after all. You know that old lady in the nursing home that everyone hates because she curses out everyone . . .  Guess who !

Sanity has returned in the form of a three year old , THANK YOU GOD FOR GRAND KIDS!
As you all know by now Smith is a Big Brother as of last Saturday night.  His brother, Wynn Callaghan, arrived around 10:30 PM. followed shortly by their sister, Grey Catherine. Babies are a good size but experiencing a bunch of little problems which is keeping them in the NIC unit while mom came home today.  Smith was in charge of grand ma and grand pa for the past 4 days and doing an excellent job of keeping us in line. Aside from the forty two excuses for not going to sleep he is the PERFECT little man.  Smith is so smart and grown up it is so much fun spending time with him.  Smith and his dad had off from school this week for Spring Break so that was the "theme" for our fun times. Smith learned early something my kids didn't discover till they went away to college . . . .SPRING BREAK IS ABOUT GOING AWAY AND HAVING SOME FUN !  Grand ma's house served as party central for Spring Break 2014 complete with drinks in the pool. (Capri Sun counts!)
We played, swam, spent 5 1/2 hours at a "bounce play" place and laughed ourselves silly. There were cupcakes for breakfast and hot dogs &pizza for dinner. Never mind the 4 day marathon of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie.  Smith's sister and brother gave him a bag of goodies, one being an endless DVD of the Ninja Turtles.  I was never a fan of these ridiculously ugly creatures but I must say after about the forty fifth time of watching the first three episodes they sort of grow on you. (Every time we sat down to watch the video we HAD to start it from the beginning. I can actually recite the first 15 minutes word for word. But the worst is that I can't get that silly theme song out of my head!)
Smith is now back in his house and grand pa and I are suddenly realizing how quiet our house really is. Which is a very good thing because I plan on sleeping for the next 48 hours. If I don't snore I doubt the bug man will even realize I am still in the bed when he comes by for our monthly spraying.
I am also looking forward to returning to eating healthier.  I can't tell you the last time I used my juicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment