Friday, June 19, 2015

THE MOST DISASTEROUS DINNER

I am on my way home, hopefully. I am at the airport waiting for my flight home after a wonderful trip to Maryland to visit with Keri and her family. The kids are getting BIG !  KAELIN is 7 and Finn is 4. They are funny little bugs and I enjoy all my time with them. It today was just one day too much. Over the time that I have been here we have participated in the end of school year "FIESTA", mommy playing soccer, going to my church and to their church, numerous shopping sprees, Daisy Girl Scout end of year ceremony and sleep over. That last one was the thing that put us over the top. Five little seven year olds screeching and giggling till 11 at night and then up at 6 the next morning was pretty exhausting. We spent yesterday just relaxing but today I had to leave and that meant Keri driving me up to BWI airport, about a 45 minute drive. Finn was tired, Kaelin is beyond exhausted and Keri is holding on by a thread.
Off we went and 20 minutes into the ride Finn had to pee. Then he got thirsty so we gave him a box drink and then 20 minutes later he had to pee again. We planned on stopping at a Mexican restaurant just outside the airport but had to stop for a pee break five minutes from the airport. Kaelin was in the back seat telling us how STARVING she was so we hurried on down the road. We FINALLY got to the restaurant and everyone had to pee!  Great fun so far.
We ordered dinner and Kaelin and Finn got tacos, rice and beans, something they always eat and love. Not tonight. Finn was wired and kept screeching and bouncing, Kaelin decided she didn't like the food, even before it arrived. Once it was placed in front of her she decided she wasn't hungry and didn't want to eat. (Lately she has been very anxious about food due to her food allergies. Anytime she is eating anywhere other than at home she worries that there will be something in the food that would cause her an allergic reaction.) that's when the upset began. Kaelin then realized that if she didn't eat her dinner she wouldn't get a goodie at Wawa when they stopped on the way home for Finn to pee. That really started the tears !  Finn started getting louder and louder because Kaelin was getting all the attention and Keri was about to get in the car and leave us all.
I have no idea what I ate. I recall it was quite tasty but it was a crazy meal.  I gave the waiter my credit card to get the show out into the car since things were going down hill fast and he came back telling me my card was denied !  WHY NOT !  Perfect ending to an insane dinner.  By now Kaelin was hysterical saying she just wanted to go home, Finn was telling his mother he had to pee yet again and grandma just wanted to fall asleep in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment