Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"I HAD THE BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP EVER"

A quote from my Grand daughter Kaelin this morning to her mother when Keri came to pick Kaelin and Finn up after they spent the night with grand ma.

The kids came over yesterday around 4 and we had a lovely afternoon playing and hanging out so mom and dad could have a date night.  I'm not sure what date night is these days. When Ger and I were married date night used to be a night to go to one of his Town of Brookhaven dances with a hundred and fifty handicapped young adults. For this I got a baby sitter ?  I think date night lost something in the translation. But be that as it may, I'm all for my kids having a date night because date night means I get the grand kids !!!!!  And that means FUN NIGHT for grand ma !  Trouble is, as they get older they like to do their own thing. Kaelin was interested in watching "Worlds Worst Chef" or something like that on the iPad. Finn is still small enough that we played but when he gets tired he just wants to crash and watch cartoons on the computer.  I can deal with that !  We had dinner around 6 and Finn as usual didn't eat much so I was prepared for an early morning but I was NOT expecting 5:30 AM !

Last night we all camped out together in grand ma's room.  KK and I were sharing my bed. Since I have the 2 twin beds pushed together we both could snuggle but have our own space. Finn, who at 4 still has a tendency to roll on to the floor, was sleeping on a twin size mattress on the floor next to our bed. We all snuggled down at 8. Finn fell right to sleep while Kaelin was watching something on the iPad and I was checking mail and facebook on my phone.  By 8:30 Kaelin and I were done and ready to sleep. I don't think ANY of us moved for the night.  I know I never heard a thing or moved the entire night which is totally rare for me. I always wake up at least once. The first thing I heard was Finn making noise at 5:30 in the morning. Kaelin had not moved, I had not moved and Finn had not moved an inch but was moaning in his sleep. It was as if we had all been drugged.  I drifted off for about 15 more minutes to wake up to Finn sitting up calling "Grand Ma, I'm hungry".  Do you know how dark it is at 5:45 in the morning?  I did have to laugh though because I knew this was going to happen.   I told Finn to whisper, that I would get up and we would go have breakfast but he must not wake up KK.  Up we got and 2 bowls of cereal later he was asking why it was so dark outside. I told him it was the middle of the night but we could stay up any way and play in the garage with the toys.

2 hours later when Kaelin got up she looked like she could still sleep another 4 hours but the first words out of her mouth were, "THAT WAS THE BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP EVER".  And I have to agree with her.  It really was !

No comments:

Post a Comment