Monday, June 26, 2017

I CAN'T STOMACH ALASKA

It was the day of THE ONION yesterday. That followed the night of the hamburger and beer in the land of the midnight sun and midnight dinners which is giving me the stomach of continual upset and the intestines of constant . . . Well . . .  Let's just say I have bought stock in the toilet paper company !
I am thinking that because the sun NEVER actually sets these crazy people never really STOP to eat at normal times. It's a matter of coming home from work at 3 or 4 in the afternoon, then take a nap, (which you will understand when you get the rest of the schedule), get up 2 hours later and start working in the yard. All this while drinking beer ! BEER being a key factor to all this !!!!!!  I have never seen folks go through SO much beer in my life!  And I have 3 kids who went to college! My kids are are wussie babies compared to this group.  I am talking BEER BIG TIME ! So we can add that to the reason for not eating until the bizarre hours of midnight.
One of the biggest problems is never knowing when and what dinner will be.  I never know if I should eat lunch or not. Dinner could be at 4:00 Orr we could end up at midnight like the other night. There we were sitting on the deck at midnight, beating off the dive bombing mosquitos when someone said, "I'll start the BBQ and put the burgers on."  To which I thought, "WTF ITS FREAKING MIDNIGHT ! " But the fire was started and the burgers were cooked and eat they did! And then everyone went to bed. Is it a wonder I have stomach problems?
The following nights menu was onion soup, which was home made and absolutely THE BEST French onion soup I have ever had in my life! It was accompanied by home made bloomin' onion which was also TO DIE FOR. This unfortunately was,served,at,the ungodly dinner hour of TEN THIRTY at night. I ate the broth from the soup and skipped all else. I had to or I would have spent the entire remainder of the weekend in the bathroom.
And so, sorry to say, I do not have the constitution to live with these folks in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment