Tuesday, September 3, 2019

HAS ANY ONE HERE SEEN DORIAN ?

Missing . . .  one category 5 hurricane . . . last seen hanging out over The Bahamas. If you should find Dorian please give it "the finger" for me.

Once again I am sooooooooooooooooooo pissed at our media coverage of this hurricane. YES, it was a big one and IF it did actually hit us head on we needed to be prepared BUT . . . TEN DAYS of hysteria preceding the actual "arrival" of nothing set off the entire population of the East Coast of Florida into a raging frenzy. As always the stores were emptied out by last Thursday, you could not get gas for your car last week and people were driving even worse than they usually drive down here because "A STORM WAS COMING AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!",

I know I have written about this over and over but it REALLY REALLY REALLY pisses me off. For God's sake report the news but do it in a manner that does not cause panic. I don't need to hear about the last 300 hurricanes that have come this way. I don't want to hear about how I MUST fill my tub with water and fill my cabinets with food. I, and I am sure ALL the residents of this state, can live on what is in my fridge and pantry for the next 2 years without having to race to Publix to buy even more supplies. But that is exactly what the TV is telling us to do. They are causing people to freak out and not think rationally.

But maybe I am giving too much credit to the mentality of the rest of the state. We are talking about
Flor-i- DUH !!!!!

As for this past week, my house has never been this clean because I did not have enough gas in my car to go anywhere because the gas stations were emptied out last Wednesday . . . THAT WAS A WEEK AGO ! And even if I did have gas in my car I was constantly being told there was a Hurricane coming !!! Every day for ONE FULL WEEK I was being told the Hurricane was coming THAT NIGHT or THAT DAY or BY 8 AM TOMORROW.  It was GOING to hit South Florida's east coast FOR SURE !!!  NO CHANCE it can turn !!!!!  Well guess what . . .  Yesterday I sat in my daughter's driveway having a few drinks as the kids played in the street with a bunch of the neighborhood kids. Every hour or so a small shower would pass through and the kids would continue playing in the rain when we adults stood in the garage and waited the 2 minutes for the showers to stop so we could resume our party. There was NO wind, NO hurricane force gales and nothing else that even vaguely resembled a hurricane.

To all my friends who texted and called I say thank you for believing the weather reports but don't you worry about us down here, It's all just a big media lie to sell gas and groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment