Tuesday, May 30, 2023

HOT TOPIC

 The reason I come to Michigan for the summer is to escape the heat of South Florida. I am a "Sun Bird". Snow Birds come to Florida in the winter to be warm.  I go to Michigan in the summer to be cool. I do not do well with Hot and Humid. I have too much natural insulation to withstand excessive heat, I generate enough of that on my own. So when the humidity starts to build in the Florida oven I am more than happy to leave town.

Likewise, The Man does not do well in Hot and Humid no matter where it is. There are a few days up here in the great northern reaches of his home state when the temperature AND humidity go berserk and it feels like we are back in my home state. But for the most part those days are few and far between. 

What it comes down to is we will travel four days in a car to get to a place that is warm but not HOT for The Man and cool but not COLD for me.  (Personally I could travel twenty minutes by plane to the Bahamas to experience the same perfect weather and ALSO have the benefit of sitting on a beach all day but The Man is not a beach person and he loves his farm, isolated though it may be. ( I know! I DO love it here too but the Bahamas has Pina Coladas and Rum Punch!)

Anyway . . .  Todays issue is not with Michigan or Florida but with the body temperature of the reptilian creature that I live with. No, I did not bring a lizard or alligator with me to Michigan, I am talking about, (No surprise here), The Man.   Once again !! And forever more !!

Yesterday was a warm and beautiful day. "WE" kept the windows closed because it was "too" warm and there was pollen in the air. (That fact is quite true). OK, so the house COULD have stayed cool except for the fact that SOMEONE who wasn't me turned on the heat in the morning when he got up. Now the house has "warmed" but too much so that by the time the heat is turned off by someone other than The Man it is also hot outside so we are living in a sweat box.  No problem for me, I just head outside and sit in the shade of my big old Maple tree. By evening when I am coming in it has cooled off so I can open the windows to cool off the house. (All that being done in Ninja Mode while The Man is distracted or in the bathroom.) 

Let me mention here that I love and NEED to sleep in a cool room. If the room is too warm I get a killer sinus headache while creating pools of sweat in the bed.  Not a good combination or a pretty sight. On the other side of this relationship The Reptile would sleep in a pizza oven with a temperature of 5 thousand degrees.  

This topic has been discussed here many times before. It is being revisited this morning because last night I went to bed with a killer sinus headache and this morning I woke up with a killer sinus headache.

Last night The Man had put on the AC in the bedroom because, and I quote, " It is a little stuffy in here".  If we had just cracked the windows it would NOT have been stuffy but that is not a suggestion I will make. Problem with The Man putting on the AC is that he sets the temperature at 82. Now in my world the point of turning on an air conditioner is to COOL the air. The Reptile just wants to DRY the air. Meanwhile BOTH of us are sleeping with CPap machines so the air is DRY coming from the machine. If The Man would just THINK about it, put on more clothes and get under the covers he can be DRY AND WARM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And so whenI woke up with the headache from hell and I staggered out to the kitchen I was not a happy camper.  The Man sitting at the kitchen table IN HIS UNDERWEAR happier than a pig in poop because he was nice and toasty warm.  The alarm bell in my head went "Ding Ding". so when I got into the bathroom I felt the heating unit and sure enough THE HEAT WAS ON !!!   Air conditioner in the bedroom set at 82 and the heat in the house set at 80 !!!!

Please tell me if I am crazy or is this truly INSANE !  I am standing in the spare bedroom with the door shut and the window open.th It is wonderful. 

AND bonus . . . there are two BIG male turkeys strutting around on the side lawn with their tail feathers all puffed out trying to impress two female turkeys who are completely ignoring the two strutting idiots.   I guess the female turkeys are about as impressed with men as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment