Monday, October 19, 2009

A Good Book

There is nothing like finding a good book and being able to share it with others. Having some one tell you they loved the book you recommended is almost as good as enjoying the book yourself.
So here's a book for you to check out . . . it's called "THREE CUPS OF TEA" by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. The Big surprise to me is that it is a true story!
I don't normally read non fiction. I do love a good STORY. Steven King is "THE KING" to me. How that man comes up with his ideas and how he spins his ideas into such fantastic tales is beyond me.
But here is a book, lent to me by my neighbor, that is just amazing in a totally different way. It is a wonderful story of a young man who goes from attempting to climb one of the highest mountains in the world, K2, to devoting his life to building schools for children in Pakistan.
This is a book for all of us who wonder "How can I make a difference? I'm only one person." Greg Mortenson has done amazing things with his life. His book is a great read. CHECK IT OUT !!!

1 comment:

  1. Add that one to the list when this house is ready to chill for a bit. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete