Friday, October 2, 2009

Sometimes You've Just Got To Go With The "Finger"

So here you have the classic "nice little old lady" who often has the need and desire to flash people the "bird". Most often it is the husband but it does not exclude other idiots who walk the earth.
I know this is not something to be proud of but it is part of who I am and who I have always been. ONE ANGRY BITCH. Thanks to the gene pool I come from I have a natural predisposition to exploding when others would remain calm. My mother came from good German stock and knew she was always right. (no offense to you Germans out there but you know damn well what I'm talking about.) Then there was my dad who had a very slooooooooooooooooow fuse but when he did get angry he GOT MAD ! Brought up on the West side of NYC in the early 1900's he had to be "scrappy" to survive. Those of you who knew "Papa Danny" can't imagine his wrath when angered but as a kid riding in the car with him I saw that rage. (You haven't seen road rage until you drove with my dad.) There was nothing like an "idiot" in a car that could set Papa Dan off. He gave me my very first lessons in the "other side" of the English language. There was the time that my dad tried to teach my mother to drive with me sitting quietly in the back seat observing. The driving lesson lasted all of about 10 minutes before the eruption from both of them and the demise of a neighbors fence. This was quite amusing to me because on a day to day basis my parents never fought.
So here I am, the product of Margaret and Daniel and an only child to boot. (Don't know if that factors in but what the hell . . .) I have always been ANGRY . . . (I can't say that without thinking of Richard Gere's line in the movie Pretty Woman) and that anger has unfortunately been passed on to my children, poor things. Each of us deals with it differently. I finally figured out that therapy and drugs are a very effective way of controlling this anger but every so often I just have to let it go ! Because screaming does nothing in my marriage I have learned to curse and swear under my breath, to write a blog and keep a journal. BUT, and here is the point I started with, every so often I just need to FLIP SOMEONE THE BIRD. Husband is usually the recipient because he is ALWAYS here and thus ALWAYS doing something to light my fuse. Some days the fuse is much shorter than others and he gets "THE FINGER". NEVER NEVER NEVER to his face, (that is wrong and cruel and mean) but the motion is so cathartic that I can't help myself. I would like to waggle my finger in his face while screaming "you #$%&*&$%@!@@
idiot" but a subtle little FLIP is all I do.
So the next time you are in the car, at the store or work and some idiot is really bugging you just calmly walk or drive away, take a deep breath and very calmly raise that middle finger oh so high and yell "HERE'S TO YOU, IDIOTS OF THE WORLD". You really will feel so much better and can then go on with your day. But don't forget to always look back because chances are some one is doing the same thing to you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh i can think of a few ways to use that diget lately. Hmmm!!

    Hope your day gets better. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete