Monday, April 12, 2010

Don't Burn The Popcorn

In case you have noticed that I have not mentioned my mission to lose weight it is because I have been distracted. Dairy Queen has that affect on me. I have also been distracted by Denny's breakfast, Too Jay's, OMG to die for corned beef on rye, and a few other wonderful eating establishments in our area. There was the trip to Atlanta that distracted me but basically I have just been in denial that I HAVE to lose weight. Yesterday, being Sunday, brought a trip to church and then breakfast out. After that it was a lazy, lazy day which I spent doing "stuff". Fun stuff, relaxing stuff and nothing stuff that would cause me to think. About mid way through the afternoon I decided I needed a snack. Something yummy but not sweet. After foraging through the house I came up with some microwave popcorn that would just hit the spot. I opened the package, threw it into the microwave (correct side up!) and rather than use the, OH SO HANDY, MADE FOR IDIOTS, button that is clearly labled POPCORN, I decided to out smart the popcorn and the microwave. It drives me nuts* to open the bag of popcorn only to have a fist full of unpopped kernals left in the bottom of the bag. I have been CHEATED out of all that popcorn. (When you consider that I am eating the entire bag by my self does it really matter that there are 20 pieces I will not consume?) But it is just the idea that I paid for those pieces of corn and I should get to enjoy them! Sooooooooooooooooo, to solve this problem of unpopped corn kernals I set the microwave for 4 minutes instead of the 3.5 that it cooks when you push the "POPCORN" button. NOT !!!!! How 30 freaking seconds can make the difference between a lovely bag of popcorn and the creamated remains that caught fire and stunk up my house is beyond me. We are talking THREE . . . ZERO. . . SECONDS !!
Let me tell you how I will not try that again. It is 24 hours later and I still have every window in the house open, in spite of the rain, humidity and heat, all the fans are on high, I have cleaned my microwave 4 times with bleach and it still REAKS of burned popcorn in here.
I think I'll go to Curves and get some exercise and fresh air.
*Note that the "CRAZY" train has left the station long ago so it is just a figure of speach when I tell you something "Drives me crazy".

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!!!! You poor thing. I have done that so many times :)

    ReplyDelete