Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WHAT ?

When the hell did this happen ? When did I get old ? Where did the last 65 years go ?
It was only yesterday that I was a kid riding my bike and roller skating in the street. It was only yesterday that I was in college having the time of my life and almost flunking out because of it. It was only yesterday that I was married and having my first beautiful child (I love you Kyle). It was only yesterday that I was raising 3 kids and wondering if I would ever sleep another complete night without being woken up by a child with a stomach ache (I love you Ker). It was only yesterday that my youngest was graduating from college when he had only just been born the day before, (I love you Kent. How did you grow up so fast?).
And now I am 65 ! An official Senior Citizen, complete with a Medicare card, grey hair (which just got colored yesterday, a lovely shade of blond) and lots and lots of wrinkles. But some how or other when I look in the mirror I still see that 21 year old who had a life full of adventures ahead of her. I am only 21 in my head and even in my body until my knee catches or my back gives me a twinge. How is it possible I have made it this far and never noticed the time passing? Each day I wake up and look ahead at what adventures lie before me. It's like reading a book and never knowing what you will find when you turn the page. So far all the pages have been wonderful, even the days when sickness or pain are present it is still a pretty great trip.
So . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME and may there be many many more wonderful days to experience. Thank you God for all these blessings but I really need to pay more attention to them cause time is going by faster and faster each day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Cath! We love you very much and hope you have a great day celebrating! Today is YOURS!

    ReplyDelete