Tuesday, January 3, 2012

FUZZY PINK ROBE

IT IS COLD !  Yea Yea . . . . I don't know what cold is living here in South Florida but let me tell you that when I break out the Fuzzy Pink Robe . . .  IT IS COLD !
I have no idea how long I have owned this robe but I think Husband gave it to me one of the first years we were in Florida. I seem to remember thinking, "WTF? . . .  When am I going to wear THIS?" For truly, this robe is LARGE AND FUZZY! Having just moved to the sunny south all I could think was that this was the dumbest gift EVER. But as I unwrapped it further and felt how SOFT AND WARM it was in the 80 degree heat I thought, "What the Hell . . . I'll stick it in a closet and who knows."  As with all weather related things in Florida, if you wait long enough the weather will change.  Those 20 minute torrential down pours are gone and the blazing sun returns. The cloudy over cast day is gone before you have your lunch and you get to spend the rest of the day at the beach. It is all a matter of patience. So when the first COLD FRONT of the season hit I was prepared with my Fuzzy Pink Robe. I had forgotten about it hiding in the guest room closet, (It is soooooooooooo  bulky that I have to keep it in the guest room because it takes up way too much space in my closet.) until I was in there searching for something and came upon THE ROBE. It was like finding water in a desert. I snatched that robe out of the closet, put it on and didn't take it off till the temperatures once again rose above 75. Once the warm returned to the area the robe returned to the closet just waiting for the next cold snap. And to be sure, every year there is another cold front or two, or three or more, that sweeps through paradise. And I am ready !
Last night's news warned us that the temperatures would be falling during the night but I was not prepared for just how far they would fall. It got chilly last week but only into the 50's at night and by 10 AM it was 72 outside. Not bad and since I don't usually climb out of bed till around 10 it is perfect for me.  Nice cool nights to sleep and warming up for the day. PERFECT WINTER WEATHER by my standards. So this morning when I got my bones up at 9 for a chiropractor appointment I was SHOCKED,  (literally) by the freezing cold floor tiles. It was one very quick run through the house to the guest room closet for that FUZZY PINK ROBE. I would have gone to the doctor with my robe on but H frowned on me leaving the house looking like a pink hippo. The robe does NOTHING for me as far as flattering my figure.(That this is assuming you can say I HAVE a figure.) I have no idea what material this robe is made from but it is not made for fashion. The stretchy, fuzzy, light weight yet thick material will fit my figure no matter how many pounds I gain at the holidays. And no matter how far I stretch it out to wrap around my body it is WARM WARM WARM. It is the sort of clothing item that everyone wants in their closet for that relaxed and snugly feeling on a cold winter day. And today is that day.
Did I mention it has HUGE pockets for my tissues, phone and glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment