Friday, January 20, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEESE BALL !

Today is Abby's 7th birthday. How is that possible?  It was just yesterday that I was sitting in BFF Sharon's dining room with friends and family having something to eat between visiting hours at the funeral home where my father was laid out. Papa Danny had made it 97 years and just couldn't make it a few more days to see the birth of his first GREAT GRAND CHILD. He had a good life and we said that he had gone up to heaven to tell Abby it was time for her arrival. And that is just what she did on that cold winter afternoon.
Abby arrived in Atlanta so hopefully it wasn't as cold down there as it was up in New York. Ger and I got to see her about a week later after our return from Papa's funeral. We made a B-line straight for Atlanta as soon as we got the OK from Abby's parents. I remember thinking I had forgotten everything I had ever know about babies but the minute I held her it all came back and I didn't ever want to let her go.
And now here she is . . .  SEVEN years old! And even more beautiful than the day she was born. What's even better is that she is a GREAT KID! Abby is funny, and silly and smart and charming. She has grandpa and I both wrapped right around her finger and even though she his thousands of miles away she still shares her life with us, thanks to Skype.
When Abby was about one she started to charm everyone with her great personality. She would do and say some of the funniest things so her Aunt Keri nicknamed her "Cheese ball", as in,"Abby you are such a cheese ball". The term of endearment has stuck over the years and Abby will ALWAYS be MY little cheese ball.
This afternoon the computer rang and there she was, our Abby, grinning from ear to ear and holding the American Girl Doll we sent her for her birthday. I think she liked the gift! I had had one of those epiphany's that occur every so often and decided this was going to be a great gift for Abby. And from the looks of her on the computer I think we nailed it! According to my "mini-me" Abby she has named her doll "Mini-Me". I always tell Abby that she is just like grandma when I was her age. She looks like I did and she acts like I did. And now she has a doll to be her "mini-me".
If I get some photo's of the birthday I'll put them on here but for now you will have to settle for some old photos from our last visit with Abby and Roman.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY! WE LOVE YOU TO PIECES!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Abby.
    Love, Cousin Ann
    PS - I promise to never call you cheese ball.

    ReplyDelete