Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

I can't think of a better way to spend New Year's Day than a trip to the beach. So that is exactly what we did today.  We woke up at 9 and watched our favorite Sunday Morning Show . . .  Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood.  As usual for New Year's Day Charles did a review of the year and as usual Ger and I sat there saying, "Was that THIS year?". The years are flying by so freaking fast but when we look back it seems like eons ago that some of these events took place.
But it is a new year for sure. NO getting away from the fact that it has now been TWELVE (12) years since Y2K. You remember the big hype and hysteria over the turn of the century . . . The world was going to end, all technology would fail and we were going to be thrown into the darkest of times. DIDN'T HAPPEN and not only did it NOT happen but it is now twelve years later, I am twelve years older and I don't have a clue WHERE those 12 years went.
Since the dawn of the new millennium I have been blessed with FIVE fabulous grand children but have also felt the loss of my dad and several other people who I have loved dearly. And it just does not seem possible that it has been TWELVE years! Do you remember those first 12 years of your life? I do, and they took FOREVER to pass by. I couldn't wait to be twelve and get to wear that corsage made of bubble gum?, or was it dog biscuits, or maybe that was the life saver year. Who can remember. I just know that the first 12  years of my life went by so slowly that I thought I would die before I ever made it out of grammar school. How is that possible? Is time really speeding up as we get older?
I can't answer any of those questions but I sure do know a sure fire way of slowing life down just a bit. Packing the beach chairs into the car, grabbing a couple of magazines that I have just not had the time to read, filling a huge water jug with ice cubes and grape juice with just a splash of pomegranate juice. Throw in a towel, some sun glasses and sun screen spray and we are good to spend three or four hours sitting on the beach watching all the tourists play in the water. The water was FABULOUS today but a little too cold for my liking. 73 degree water takes a little extra time to get into but once you are in and see how clear and clean it is, AHhhhhhhhhhhhh . .  . there is nothing better.  I floated around on my back like a beached whale and loved every minute of it. The sun was HOT, the sand was warm and the water was pure heaven.
It's going to be a good year because how else could a day like today start off a new year.
God Bless you all !  I pray that your year will be filled with HEALTH, HAPPINESS AND LOVE.
And the time to appreciate each and every moment of each and every day because you know that before you blink it will be 2024 and we will be wondering where the past 12 years have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment