Thursday, April 26, 2012

IT'S BEEN A WHILE

Wow! Lots has changed since I was last on this blog site.  The whole format of the site is changed and I don't know my way around any more. I'll have to see what trouble I can get into in the next 20 minutes.
Once again I am coloring my hair, those nasty dark roots show up so vividly against the grey in spite of the fact that I really am a blonde. My moms hair is on my head in all its salt and pepper glory and her hips and thighs are just bursting at the seams of my jeans. Thanks mom!

Let's see, where have I been lately? Lazy mostly and trying not to annoy H by being on the computer too much. We did spend a FABULOUS weekend in Orlando with our little guy Smith last week. Kristen's sister got us into the park and in spite of Kent feeling so awfully sick we spent almost 7 hours in the Magic Kingdom.  Smith was in awe of EVERYTHING but the visit with Micka Mouse was the highlight of the day. The little man told everyone he was going to see Micka Mouse House and that we did  just before leaving for the day. It was an amazing day with the little guy.

Now we're packing for our trip across the pond to see Abby and Roman again. Everyone is getting really excited about that and the suitcase is being packed with warm clothes. That way we are guaranteed the temperatures will rise above 80. Bridget and Kyle say it has been COLD and rainy. We have also been told that this is supposed to be the wettest May in history. That doesn't sound good. But we have packed raincoats and boots so maybe that will scare the damp away. We are packing a bathing suit in case we go to the fantastic leisure center in town for a swim so I think we have covered all the bases.

Saturday we will head to Ft. Lauderdale for a birthday brunch for Grandma at a restaurant around the corner from Kent's place. Big doings !

I just have to tell you that in the past half hour I have washed out the color from my hair and now my hair is a uniform blonde that is SO light it looks white. What was the point of coloring my hair?  Oh Yea, the  dark roots ARE gone.

HIDING IN GRANDMA'S CLOSET

Off to see Mickey

Who is this guy?

Waiting to drive the race cars

Going home

Big enough to SIT in the kiddie pool

Riding Prince Charming's horse

LUNCH !

MICKA MOUSE !



   

























  



I have just gotten to watch a helicopter land in my back yard.  Well, not exactly my yard but right out on the street outside our community. This is the third time this has happened since we have lived here. Either some poor soul from our community got terribly ill and had to be medivaced out or there was a bad car accident near by. Either way it had H running back and forth, in and out of the house like a 2 year old on crack. He was "SO ESCITED!"  Could we see anything? No . . . but there was a lot of noise of the helicopter as it circled for its landing and then took off right across our property. H will be up all night with this and I had hoped to get him to sleep early so I could read in peace and quiet. There goes that plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment