Monday, April 2, 2012

WHAT?

I don't know up from down these days so don't expect too many blogs this week.  Keri and her family arrived in Florida on Saturday night and we have been on the fast track since.

Taking care of 2 kids (ages 4 & 1) was a lot easier when I was 33 than it is not at 66.  And I am not even the one in charge !  These two little darlings are the BEST in the world, (along with Smith, Abby & Roman), but this is constant NON STOP on the go.
Kaelin does not nap any more, even when we all know she REALLY NEEDS a nap. She just fights it like her mom used to do but always remains a princess. Finn takes 2 naps a day and is non stop every second he is not sleeping. Like his cousin Smith, Finn is another CAPTAIN DESTRUCTO.  This little guy has found things that grandma and grandpa didn't know we had. Even though he is crawling he manages to get into just about every thing. Our fire place was someplace Abby and Kaelin never considered climbing into. Smith used it as a club house and must have told Finn about it because Finn is now climbing up on the hearth every chance he gets. Today he fell off backwards on to the tile floor and just whimpered for a few seconds until he was off on his next adventure.

This past Sunday we had Kent, Kristen and Smith up for a birthday party for Finn & Kaelin. The day was awesome and the cake was fantastic. As Kaelin put it, "That's exactly the cake I wanted!"  Kaelin had turned 4 in February and had a Tinkerbell Party. For Finn's birthday at the end of March Kaelin orchestrated a "Thomas The Tank". She also informed me that we should have a "Mickey" party for Finn when they came to Florida.  So a Mickey party it was. Because Grandpa and I were not in Maryland for either of these kids birthday we did BIG celebrating when they got here.  I think we sent Smith and family home exhausted and I know we are all still recovering.

We have 6 days to get our energy back before we do it all again next Sunday for Easter.  Smith's granny Lori and Aunt Brie will be in town so the Easter festivities will be even bigger and better than the birthdays.  I am torn between sleep and spending time with my little guys.  Because we haven't seen Kaelin and Finn in so long I am willing to give up sleep to spend time with them but God help the person who wakes me a week from tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment