Saturday, February 22, 2014

SATURDAYS WITH SMITH

This is getting to be a great habit !  Smith is coming to spend the night on some weekends and we are loving it!
Today grand pa,  Jeanne and Frank and I drove down to Pompano to go to an Italian festival with Smith and his family and their friend Sandra. Jeanne and Frank are still in town thanks to TWO (2) cancelled flights to their home in NY. Seems that the weather in NY is CRAPPY so Jeanne and Frank have been forced to remain in sunny Florida. (The temperature at the festival today was a balmy 89 degrees. Life is so tough down here!)
We all went to the festival and Smith played all sorts of arcade games and WON all sorts of stuffed animals that are now sharing his bed in our guest room.
While we were eating lunch today Smith asked me if he could come home with me after the festival. I told him we could talk to mom and dad and see if it was OK with them.  Not only was it OK but a welcome relaxing afternoon for Kristen who is larger than ever and could use some time off.
Smith came home with us and napped in the car so he was ready to roll once we got back here.  While Jeanne tended to my garden, (she is my personal gardener when she is here.  Jeanne just LOVES being out side and puttering in the dirt.), Smith and I played in the pool which is at 80 degrees in spite of not being heated.  Does that tell you what sort of "winter" we are having in Florida? Then is was on to pizza for dinner, some ice cream for dessert and a little movie watching before bed.
My little guy is sound asleep and I am not far in back of him.
Saturdays with Smith are Super!

No comments:

Post a Comment