Wednesday, February 5, 2014

THE BATTLE OF THE BOTTLE

I seem to be having lots of battles these days. This is two blogs in a row that I am in fighting mode.

I know there are lots of women out there who have husbands who drink. I know many of them wish their husbands would not drink or at least drink less. I have the opposite problem, I need my husband to drink more. Once again H is doing all that he can to keep himself from regaining strength and good health. Just when I think he finally gets it and is ready to do something to help himself he proves me wrong wrong wrong !  I am so frustrated with him and am tired of this fight.

GER NEEDS TO DRINK ! Water, tea, juice, Crystal Light, even soda would be better than the zero amount he is taking in right now. His doctor told him the first day we met her that ;
A. His blood pressure is way too low so he needs to drink more every day.
B. chemo will make him need to drink more to flush the poisons from his system.
C. It is so important to keep himself hydrated in order to remain strong.
Yet every day the man drinks MAYBE one cup of tea, MAYBE one soda and MAYBE a glass of milk. H thinks this is a tremendous amount of fluid which under normal circumstances it might be but    right now it just isn't cutting it. We went to the doctor Monday. Ger's blood pressure was 82/61. A normal BP is 120/80.  When you are dehydrated your BP drops. I was surprised the doctor didn't put him into the chemo unit for some intravenous fluids. She has done that several times in the past.
When H is dehydrated he gets cranky, weak, off balance and muddled. As irritating as he can be when he is healthy these symptoms just make living with him EXTRA special. Like today......
But that is a whole other story.

Let me just say that Husbands problem with DE hydration is causing me to drink a lot more than I have in the past 40 years. I am staying so hydrated I don't give a damn what H does or doesn't drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment