Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I'M NOT LISTENING !!!!

Today was one of those mornings that all the stars were NOT in alignment  for me and some thing had it out for me to screw with my head. (That doesn't take much.)
Do you ever feel like something is telling you, "DON'T DO IT!"?  What ever "IT" happens to be. Well this was definately one of those mornings that I was getting major signs and signals to stay in bed and go back to sleep for another 3 or 4 hours.  Or at least for another 20 minutes.

First of all I woke up at 7:30 AM which as you all know is a completely unnatural time for me to wake up, never mind GET up. But the angels were calling me this morning and they woke me right up out of a sound sleep whispering in my ear, "Come on Cath, get your lazy bones out of that bed and go to mass. You've been thinking about getting to daily mass so here we are waking you up to do just that!" And so there I was AWAKE but still fighting those little voices that were encouraging me to move my bones. Now at this point I have the devil on one shoulder and my angels on the other shoulder all fighting for my attention and I'm still not sure just who I'm going to listen to. Naturally the devil's voice is the louder one and it is telling me I really don't have enough time to get moving and out the door to make it to 8:30 mass. By now the clock has ticked away a good 15 minutes and I am still wavering in my decision of how I will spend my morning.  I stopped to check the mass times at all the surrounding churches just in case one of them might have a 9 AM mass but that wasn't the case. (Who am I kidding, I knew that fact all along.) It was 8:30  mass or nothing, unless I wanted to wait till 5:30 and go to a near by church that had that late mass. And the clock is continuing to tick away the minutes! I knew full well that if I didn't go to mass NOW I was not going to get there at all, no matter what my intentions were. And so at 8:05 I got my butt moving at hyper speed and was out the door by 8:17. (If I had gotten out of the bed when I first thought about going to mass I would have had a good 35 minutes to get ready but instead I let the devil play with my head so I was now rushing like a lunatic to drive the 8 minute drive to my church. And so began the HARD PUSH on the part of that nasty little devil to keep me from actually arriving at the church in time for mass.
As I left the house the sun was shining brightly !  It was a beautiful morning! And yet in the span of 2 minutes it started to rain. The sun was still shining but it was raining. Not uncommon for Florida but by the time I got into my car the sun was GONE and the sky was opening into a total deluge. Thankfully I had grabbed a light jacket on my way out the door, (only because it was sitting on the chair by the door and I know how cold the church can be.)  Unfortunately, my "car umbrella" was sitting on the chair on the patio and I did NOT pick that up to take along with me. At this point I knew the devil was up to his tricks and was going to mess with me all the way to church which naturally got me even more determined to get there on time. I managed to catch EVERY red light between here and my church.  A total of 5 red lights that at 8:15 in the morning are usually green all the way.  Not this morning. And then there was the 300 year old man driving down the road in front of me who wasn't going more than 15 miles an hour in the 45 MPH zone. 
As I swung into the church parking lot the sky was continuing its down pour so I knew I was going to get wet. But luckily there were bunches of parking spaces right in front of the chapel so I could jump out of the car and run into the chapel without too much damage.  Funny joke !  Mass was NOT in the chapel but rather in the main church of which the closest door was a good 500 yards away. It was shorter to run back to the car, move the car to a closer parking spot on the side of the church and make the second mad dash for the door. At this point I am muttering under my breath how the damn devil is pulling out all stops to keep me from getting to mass this morning and I'll be damned if I am going to let him win this battle. 
I made it soggily into the church, put on my jacket because the church WAS freezing, especially since I was now thoroughly soaked and sat myself down in perfect time for the beginning of mass.
And ever since that moment my day has been  PERFECT !  No more blockades in my way. The sun was shining brightly when I left mass and it hasn't gone in since then. It's the most beautiful warm sunny day that we have had in a while so I think maybe God is smiling at me for putting up such a good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment