Friday, August 9, 2019

ANTS IN MY PANTS . . .

REALLY,    I have ants in my pants when ever I get into my car.   It seems that while I was away these past 2  months on my Alaska/Michigan adventures my car was taken over by the local insect population. I had bought a wonderful cover to put over my car so that the birds and the tree sap wouldn't be decorating my car upon my return. Little did I realize it would become the breading ground for creepy crawlies. I wrote about this last month when I got home but I thought I had taken care of the little beasties. Apparently I was wrong !

This being Florida we can't have just one species of ant, NO . . . we have to have about twenty billion of these guys and their uncles.  (Because where ever you have ants you must have uncles!)
The first batch of ants that I found when I got home were small little buggers and there were millions of them.  I do not exaggerate when I say millions, they were all over my car. Outside, inside, in the vents and in the doors. I thought I took care of them with my handy dandy can of ANT AND SPIDER KILLER spray. And I actually DID rid my car of all of that type of ant. Unfortunately the removal of the small ants only made room for the REALLY small ants. These little guys are so tiny you don't even realize they are there until you find your arm covered in a walking sleeve of bugs. I tried to kill them with the spray that I used on their cousins but that only seems to stir them up into a frenzy. I discovered all this yesterday when Finn got into the back seat of my car and promptly came flying back out because there were ants all over his seat belt. I took the can of spray, (That I now carry with me at all times) and gave the ants a good soaking.  I think I actually saw a few ants  with a bar of soap and a towel washing off in the shower of bug spray.  This discovery leads me to believe that these new residents are what is called SUGAR  ANTS. Sugar ants are so so small and very hard to eliminate. They are very hardy souls for creatures their size. I think the cockroach population would have trouble out living these bastards. Lucky for me I have a little bottle of poisoned nectar that the sugar ants love. The theory is that they eat this sugary syrup and then bring it back to their colony where it kills EVERYONE !!!!  My "bug man" gave this poison to me for when my house is invaded but so far the only sugar ants that I am finding IN the house are the ones that I have carried in from my car.       Probably in my pants !


No comments:

Post a Comment