Tuesday, January 5, 2021

WHY DO MEN HAVE EARS ?

I am looking for an answer to this question of why God gave men ears.  I guess that since God created "man" in His own image He just gave man all the body parts that He has ?  And being God, the great creator of all needs ears to listen to all the complaints of his creatures.  So that explains why God has ears but it does not explain the need for ears on man.  

I mean, let's face it, when was the last time that you knew a man who listened to ANYTHING !? 

I get that man needs feet to run, hands to hold, a mouth to eat with and a nose to smell danger but EARS ?  Seriously Lord, why did you give man ears ?  

Women need ears to hear the babies cry, the children calling and the phone ringing. WHAT does a man use his ears for?  It is a well known fact that all a man needs is  . . .  well . . .  I guess all he needs is a woman.  Men basically don't think for them selves . . . "Honey, what's for dinner?", "Have you seen my phone?", "What did I do with . . . " (Fill in the blank. There are too many options to write here.). When a man watches TV it is usually some sport that he is watching and you don't need ears to hear a crowd yelling in the back ground.  You can see what is happening, no dialogue needed.  Other than hanging his glasses on those things protruding from the side of his head there isn't a single thing that a man needs ears for.  

Maybe God made a mistake here ?   Not to say God is possible of making a mistake but if you really think about it ears on a man are like a fish with a bicycle.  TOTALLY UNNECESSARY !!

It's not that I don't normally talk to myself anyway but every so often I do like some feed back on something that I am saying.  After 46 years of marriage I came to recognize the blank stare on the face of Husband that signaled the shut down of his ears and brain.  I had hoped that it was just because after 46 years he was just tired of my constant babbling.  But The Man and I have only been together 5 years and I have seen the same blank look on his face.  I honestly don't talk all that much . . . REALLY . . . I consider myself a fairly good listener.  When The Man is busy telling me, in much detail, how to trap a river otter, (something that I will need to know every day of my life), I politely listen and make appropriate comments at opportune moments.  I do not disappear into my mind, (mostly because that is a very scary place to be), I listen.  I have been present for many conversations about hunting, cooking, sports and what ever but when I try to discuss something The Man disappears into the "Nothing Box" inside his brain and he remains there until something catches his eye. At which point he returns to the world until his brain shuts down once more.  If The Man ever were to suffer from seizures I would never know it because his blank stare is a normal part of his existence.  

So why did God give man ears ?  He really should have saved that excess flesh and put someplace else where it would be more useful . . .  


No comments:

Post a Comment