Saturday, February 13, 2021

BLOG BRAIN

 I have so much to write about but I am having technical difficulties.  My computer is working fine but my fingers aren't.  Well, to be more specific I am having a great deal of trouble typing with one hand.  ( That and the fact that I left my glasses in the bedroom and I don't want to go back stumbling around at 5:00 AM waking up The Man.)

Let's just back up a bit and bring you up to date. Eleven days ago I FINALLY had my shoulder replacement surgery. It went fantastic and apparently The Gods were happy! I was at the hospital at 5:30AM on February second . . .  Groundhog Day !  (My favorite "Holiday")  By 9:15 AM I was awake in the recovery room ant by 10:30 AM I was sitting in my hospital room having a late breakfast. I had a nerve block so had absolutely NO pain what so ever !  I had a private room, food and a TV. LIFE WAS GOOD ! (More stories about the hospital later,)  

I slept like a baby that night, even with the twenty million visits from Count Dracula and staff.  After a delish breakfast the next morning I got the OK to go home and by 2:00 in the afternoon, (after lunch), I was back home and settled in.  The nerve block was still working so I called everyone, (or so I am told. Apparently I was also doped up on pain meds in anticipation of the block wearing off so I honestly am not sure who I talked to. )  This is about when things started to get very interesting. 

I knew I was going to be spending the next 4-6 weeks with my left arm in a sling. In anticipation of this unique challenge I had been practicing living with only one functioning arm.  Or so I thought. When reality hit I was DONE with that fun game in a matter of seconds.  Being in the hospital, wearing nothing but one of those charming gowns and doing nothing but lounging around without pain gave me no warning of what was in store for me. Even getting dressed to go home was a piece of cake so smug little me thought I was going to blow through the next couple of weeks EASY PEASTY LEMON SQUEZY !

N O T !!!!   

I guess it is a good thing that I am so stupid and/or naive because if I had an ounce of sense I would never do half the things I find myself doing.  

More to follow . . .  






















No comments:

Post a Comment