Sunday, August 1, 2021

LAZY DAY

Today is Sunday.  Sunday is a day of rest.    If I rested any more today I would have to be in a coma.

The day started with me waking up at 10:55 AM. That isn't too unusual for me considering we had stayed up until 1:00 in the morning watching a series on TV.  The series is "Virgin River" and it is basically a soap opera.  No great drama, no great story but comfortable and entertaining and not requiring too much brain effort.  The last series we watched was about Navy Seals and that had me up until the wee hours of the morning trying to settle down my brain.  I don't need war stories just before I go to sleep.  

Last night the weather turned cool and dry so we slept with the windows open and the cool night air blowing in. It was a perfect night for sleeping.  I didn't even wake up once during the night to make a pee stop so it REALLY was a perfect nights sleep.  

The unusual part of this story is that when I woke up at nearly 11 The Man was buried under the covers in the bed next to me sound asleep. At first I wasn't sure I was seeing correctly but sure enough if I followed his oxygen hose it lead right to the bed so I knew for sure he was still asleep.  This is Un Heard of !!!  The Man is usually up and sitting at the kitchen table by 8:00 AM at the latest. Occasionally he will sleep till 8:30 but that is quite rare. So to find him sound asleep at nearly 11 AM was quite odd.  I got up and left him sleeping as I wandered out into the quiet house.  I noted that there was an empty coffee cup on the kitchen table so I knew he had been up earlier and had probably gone back to bed. (Also unusual.) I had no idea when he had been up, whether at 3 in the morning or 7 or how long he had stayed up so I just left him alone to sleep. I HAD to stay very quiet because he was sleeping so I got my Stephen King book and settled down to read for a while.  

By 12:30 I was starting to wonder if The Man was alive. 

At 12:45 I went into the bedroom and opened up the curtains to see if he was breathing. By that point I was already planning on who I would call if he was dead.  Do I call 911 ?  Should I call one of his brothers?  Maybe I should call a neighbor . . .   All these thoughts were going through my brain because I knew God had listened to my moaning and groaning last week when I was in my funky mood and just wanted my single life back.  I was sure I had complained The Man to death.  

I tried tapping his feet and calling his name but there was no response at all.  I thought I saw the covers moving up and down but I couldn't be sure so I felt his forehead and Thank God he was warm !  OK so he isn't dead . . . .  just tired ????

I decided I would go back out to the kitchen and have some "breakfast" and see if the smell of coffee got him moving.  Sure enough about 15 minutes later The Man wandered out totally amazed that it was after one o'clock in the afternoon.  

We sat around for a bit and then took a ride to the dollar store to get some bottled water.  After that we stopped to get a sloppy Joe sandwich from the local gas station, (that's a whole other blog.  Who buys chop meat at the gas station ?  The woman in front of me purchased 2 pounds of chop meat. There is a "deli" in the gas station where you can get hot dogs and such but chop meat? It's a different world up here for sure!)

After returning home and eating our sandwiches at 2 PM The Man took a ride out to the road on his lawn mower after which he returned and announced he was going inside to TAKE A NAP !  I settled down with my book in a lawn chair in the yard where I spent the next 2 hours reading and dozing.  

We had grilled cheese sandwich for dinner and right now The Man is taking a shower and getting ready to climb into bed.  It's 7:30 in the evening and the sun is still high in the sky.  

I have a feeling The Man will be up watching TV until 2 AM and I will be awake right next to him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment