Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Week With Kaelin

Have you spent a week with a 2 year old lately ? Those of you who are parents are thinking, "Yea, so what?". Well there is a reason God does not let women over a certain age have children. God knows that 2 year olds are too smart and too active for "older folks".
Not to say we didn't have a great time . . . but holy cromoly I AM POOPED ! First thing on the agenda after a good night's sleep in my own bed is a trip to the chiropractor. Between sleeping an a sofa bed and crawling on the floor/grass/driveway/playground, my back is on the verge of total colapse. But would I have traded this week for the world? NOT ON YOUR LIFE ! This two year old is just the BEST ! Even with her "NO WAY!" when asked to do just about anything.
Kaelin is an official 2 year old. She has learned the power of the word "NO". She also knows that she is just too cute to refuse her anything. Grandma and Papa were putty in her hands. Now it is the job of mom and dad to get her back to "normal".
Our week included: celebrating my birthday with cake and candles that Kaelin helped me blow out, building and painting the wooden birdhouse that Kaelin gave me for my birthday, several shopping trips to WAWA, (for milk, cheese and lollypops), a day at the ball park for "TOUCH A TRUCK" day, (she liked the trolly but not the earth moving trucks), a disasterous trip to mass on Sunday, (2 year olds don't do well in church), swimming in the back yard kiddie pool, watching at least 200 episodes of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", and one successful sit on the potty chair that was cause for at least an hour of celebrating! Now that was a full week and grandma is tired.
YOu'll have to wait till tomorrow to see the pictures. Right now I need sleep and some Advil.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an amazing weekend!!I can't wait to see pictures and catch up this weekend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete