Thursday, July 15, 2010

Counting Down

One more day! I'm ready to go home and today I just threw up my hands and said, "ENOUGH!". I just could not wake up this morning. I could have stayed in bed for the entire day but that was not an option. I thankfully had a last chiropractor appointment this morning and when I tried to get out of bed I knew I needed it. Every inch of my body was in pain and I just didn't want to move. Ger was very good and took Abby to school for me so I didn't have to walk there and back. When I got to the chiropractor she performed her magic and I felt much better. Not only did she make me better physically but she and her office gave me a lovely thank you card for choosing them for my chiropractic care. But even with all that nice TLC I still couldn't get my act together to do anything for the day so we headed back home for a quiet breakfast and a nap. We did get some more packing done today and are close to being ready to leave.
As a finally farewell to Windsor Ger, Abby and I drove into town tonight to meet Kyle when he got off work at 5. We then all walked up to the castle to attend evening service in the
St. George's Chapel. It is a short service with BEAUTIFUL music sung by a small male choir who sat in right in front of us. We couldn't take pictures but I am sure they wouldn't do justice to the beauty of the chapel. It was magnificent! Right in the center of the area where we were sitting there is a huge plaque on the floor stating that the remains of Henry VIII are buried there. Who Knew? Now I have to research to find out how Henry made it to being buried in Windsor.

After church we all walked down to a little Italian restaurant that Ger and I had just discovered a week ago. We had a nice dinner and then came home to get Abby to bed. Kyle spoke to Bridget who is in Atlanta with Roman. They arrived safe and sound last night and made it through customs in one piece. They have already applied for Roman's US passport so they are on their way to getting him set. Abby is all excited that she will see her BROTHER on Saturday and we are all excited that we will be home in our own bed in 2 nights.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to having you back! So glad that everything has worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete